Do you think there needs to be any reform to the Sex-Offender Registry?

Monica84

Asked by Monica84 at 2:29 AM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• In what way, shape or form? I check the map for my area quite often and it is regularly updated. At least I am pretty sure it is as I VERY often see new names and addresses on there.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 2:41 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• As far as the type of offender that is on it.. Clearing posting of different types of offenses. Removal from the list after a certain period of time for certain offenses.
    Monica84

Comment by Monica84 (original poster) at 2:42 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I actually think that in addition to letting citizens know were the sex offenders live and work that they need to let us know where the murders live and work and drug addicts and DUIs and a lot of other things.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 4:00 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I know what you mean. Differing lists based on varying levels? Maybe. I think overall people just wanna know where these people are as to avoid them.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:22 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I think that non-predatorial sex offenders shouldn't be required to register. Do we really need to keep our kids "safe" from an 18 year old who had consensual sex with his 17 year old girlfriend, or the guy who urinated behind a bar and got caught by the police, or some lonely guy who attempted to pick up a legal-aged prostitute? The entire registry should consist of sexual PREDATORS- rapists, child molesters, and pedophiles. Anyone else on that list is just having their civil rights violated. I understand that child molesters don't change their ways, but what about the rest of these people?
    soflashelley

Answer by soflashelley at 8:41 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I agree with soflashelley. I think that would be a better idea for reforming the registry.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 10:17 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• ^^I agree
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 10:26 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I don't think statutory rapist should be on it. After all that is only consensual sex, not actual rape so why should they be scarred for life. Love knows no age.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 11:06 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Yes. I think that the men who are convicted of statutory rape when they're a year or two older than their gf should not be on it. The college kids who get drunk, and pee in public are also put on the list, and they don't need to be there.
    piscesmommy123

Answer by piscesmommy123 at 11:25 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I have a fundamental problem with the registry. I don't think it's protecting anyone...sex offenses still happen all the time.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 11:28 AM on Oct. 1, 2010