Why is it that....

...in a certain group for "newer" members we are not allowed to post a link to a blog or website that is not our own? Lately there have been several posts with photos, recipes, and instructions for cute craft ideas and cute Halloween food. The moms posting them make it look like they came up with it and that they own the photos. But one admitted that she found them on other people's blogs and said she didn't post a link because it wasn't allowed.

So making it appear that people are stealing photos and information is ok, but saying where you got it from is not?

I want to share some cute Halloween recipes with photos, but they're not from my website. Why is it wrong to post what website or blog it came from? I feel like it would be worse to claim someone else's stuff as my own.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:56 AM on Oct. 1, 2010 in About CafeMom

• If they're not allowed to post links, why not require people to at least say that it isn't theirs?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:01 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Maybe they haven’t read the guidelines for that group; talk to the group owner about this.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 9:49 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• You should have no problems posting stuff like that in a group dedicated to recipes. I think I know which group you mean and it is against CM TOS to advertise except in groups that permitted and that group doesn't permit it. I agree that it doesn't make sense. You should always cite your source so you're not sued for using it without permission.

PS. I'm having a group Halloween party later in the month in two of the groups I own. I'd love to have you post the recipes. PM me if you're interested.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:07 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Don't know
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 1:54 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Read the guidelines. In that certain group they are allowed to post links. They just aren't allowed to use them in their signatures or make a post that is just about their business, blog or website. It is perfectly okay to say where they got the stuff they are posting or to even link back to their own blog if they are sharing something from it that is topical information for the group. There is just not supposed to be blatant advertising.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 5:14 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• i guess because we have to get our rank up
    benitaapplebomb

Answer by benitaapplebomb at 10:54 PM on Nov. 8, 2010