Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nothing can prevent a pregnancy loss(unborn babies health & mothers) ?

I have had losses.

I asked a doctor is bedrest,medications & so on can prevent a loss or help (Unborn babies health) they said there is nothing that can be done to give a baby a fighting chance,if your ment to loss it you will.

However ultrasounds will help determine babies health but even than tha can't change much.

Also,throwing up allot and losing 20 pounds in the first 3 months is normal,diarrhea and temp is normal.

I have tried switiching doctors but they follow other doctors notes,so that is no help.

Found out i'm recently pregnant and want to change the destiny for this baby to give it the best chance.

Does anybody have any known things that could help,i feel helpless to protecting the baby and me from health issues from the people that took an oath.

Ideas from your experiences would be appreciated.
We are seeking to get care outside the area at this point also.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:59 PM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Pregnancy

Answers (8)
  • Sometimes doctors can be useless. You might want to check into discussing it with a midwife or doula. I have not done this personally, but have heard only good things about them. They will really talk you through everything, and they will try every option.

    Answer by crystalhuskey at 3:02 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

  • I heard progesterone suppositories help support the baby and stuff. Thats why alot of people take them.

    Answer by Marah2008 at 3:09 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

  • OP..CONT..

    Because i have had loses i can't use and do not qualify for a midwife or doula,they will not take me.
    I can only use an ob/gyn or family doctor & thier asssitants.
    I rather use a midwife but right now just want a healthy pregnancy.

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:14 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

  • I heard progesterone suppositories help support the baby and stuff. Thats why alot of people take them.

    *Marah2008,do i need a doctors prescription for them or can they be found elsewhere ?

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:16 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

  • it depends on why you lost the others. I had several losses too. I wondered the same thing but there was no one factor they could touch on. if you have a cervix that dosen't hold the pregnancy they can do something. there are other conditions that they can treat but in general especially if it happens very early there is nothing that can be done. be careful no sex. try to keep your feet up and pray it will happen when it is time. I know that sucks to hear but it is the truth.

    Answer by Lyndall at 3:28 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

  • You need to see a specialist in high risk pregnancies. NOT a midwife or doula, because as you said, you do not qualify for their care. Any number of things could be happening, it could be that you or your husband are carriers of a genetic disorder that causes losses, or there could be something physically wrong with your uterus that is causing it. If you have had 3 or more losses you need to see a specialist. I know many couples who have had a successful pregnancy after finally seeing a specialist.

    Answer by RenaeMom3277 at 3:29 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

  • Message me, I might be able to give you info if you tell me why and when you have lost your babies. I've had a stillborn and am preggo again. Don't be scared to ask! :)

    Answer by AshJoe05 at 3:44 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

  • OP Cont....

    We Have nothing gentic to be found,seen genetic specialist.
    Can't see a high risk physician or have determination of babies death until after more than 3 loses.

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:39 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.