Mom vs Dad on Discipline

Who disciplines more?
What are your methods?

ajc88

Asked by ajc88 at 4:06 AM on Oct. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• I am the main one to discipline, because my husband is in the Army and gone a lot. When he is home he does discipline even though he hates too
    lchristianson5

Answer by lchristianson5 at 10:37 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• depends on whose home and in charge at the time. Dad is no harsher than me. In fact, the kids more often will listen to dad than me.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:24 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I am a single mom now. So I am the main displinary. Even when both of us were together I was still the main. I have been the one she has listened to the most and she knows what she can get away with and not with me. But when a man comes around she is very attentive. So I believe both parents if possible should make it a even effort.
    tncalhoon

Answer by tncalhoon at 9:27 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• We are divorced so I discipline more because she's home with me for the most part. But her dad is also excellent at doing it and we pretty much use the same methods. Of course he's the one who doesn't have to say something twice very often.
    mygirlpaige

Answer by mygirlpaige at 9:32 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• dad does more of the discipline, im the one he comes crying to after my husband gets on his case, i do more of the talking, reasoning adn he kinda blows me off, dad on the other hand does it more sternly and wont budge with a huge and kiss after he makes the sweet face or starts giving kisse's my husband will take his toys away, sit him down in time out.
    Snavarro08

Answer by Snavarro08 at 11:07 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• i'm the one who really disciplines. unless ds is trying to throw or hit me with stuff or the cat. the dh steps in. usually it's me.
    Hollea

Answer by Hollea at 8:32 PM on Oct. 1, 2010