Are you almost guarunteed to get pregnant if ..

A man cums in you, or is there a slight chance you arent. My boyfriend and i had unprotected sex and he came in me ALOT. im just wondering if theres more of a chance that im pregnant, then not. Im due for my period in exactly a week.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:37 AM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Any time you have unprotected sex, there is a chance of getting pregnant. Go to Planned Parenthood and get some birth control.
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 4:40 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• There are too many factors involved to say what the statistics could be that you are or aren't. I suggest picking up some condoms and getting a pregnancy test. They should be right next to each other in the drug store. The PP is correct in stating that there is a chance of getting pregnant (among even scarier things!!!) every time you have unprotected sex.
    mbdc

Answer by mbdc at 4:59 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Of coarse, there is a chance that you are. Even with birth control there's a chance that you could become pregnant. This isn't accurate but if you normally have a very regular cycle which is about 28 days then you should ovulate around the 14th day which means that you can become pregnant between the11th and 17th day of your cycle. If you're a week from your period then you're on the 21st day of your cycle which should mean that you're in the clear but take a pregnancy test anyway. And don't scare yourself again, protect yourself. Well, unless you want to get pregnant.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 5:23 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• It sound to me like someone has not been taught much about how a female gets pregnant. I raised two DD's. And taught them all of this. Go ask your MOM..

Answer by louise2 at 5:25 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• You are only fertile for a short time. Everything depends on the timing. If you don't want to get pregnant, you need to use birth control.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 7:40 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• My SIL told me her and my bro, ew, lol, had unprotected sex for 3 yrs before she got preggo. THIS WAS HER CASE, MIGHT NOT BE YOURS! AND IM NOT SAYING ITS A GOOD THING! But it can happen. My husband 'pulled out' before he 'came' and I still got preggo! So its different with every woman.
    dejamanu

Answer by dejamanu at 10:14 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• unprotected sex can open eyes up for any body.u should always wear a condom
    diana398

Answer by diana398 at 12:09 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Nothing is a guarantee. Once you ovulate, there are only 72 hours in which the egg remains ideal for conception. Plus there are too many variables which also must be taken into account. If you are not trying to have a baby you need to use protection anyway.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 1:22 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• i wouldn't say it's guaranteed. depends on if you were ovulating, and if the egg was fertilized, implanted etc. i remember reading somewhere that if the average woman doesn't use any method of birth control, she has a 25% chance of getting pregnant each cycle. but of course every woman is different--some women try for years without getting pregnant, and others get pregnant anytime they have sex around ovulation
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 4:52 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I don't think there is ever a 'guaranteed' way of getting pregnant, but if you had unprotected sex... there is a chance you could be.
    BraythansMom

Answer by BraythansMom at 5:20 PM on Oct. 1, 2010