my 7 1/2 month old??

My daughter crawls backwards.. Is this normal. Everyone says it is, But i cant get her to crawl forwards for nothing. She'll do it when shes ready, right. Now i call her my backwards baby..LOL

tylersbaby85

Asked by tylersbaby85 at 3:07 PM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Normal..it is cute though, my 7 month old just started going foward after enjoying the backwards crawling for awhile..LOL!
    Izzyscrazymom

Answer by Izzyscrazymom at 3:12 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• yeah it is normal! my son did that when he first started to craw! it seems like they learn to move backwards before they learn to move their arms better to go forward she will soon go forward.. Also my 5 month old daughter just started to do the same thing. she goes backwards or just rolls where ever she wants to go. it will be just fine your child will go forward when she is a little stronger and ready.
    momin20062008

Answer by momin20062008 at 3:12 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• its very normal - every baby developes its own way to move arround. some babies crawl using their hands and feet instead of their knees - others just rock themselves on their hands and knees until they gradually inch forward - and even others find that rolling over alot gets them to their destination so much faster.
    my dd loved to knock over blocks so i would stack them up just out of her reach and she would inch her way forward *on her belly* until she could reach them and toss them over.
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 3:18 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• my fiance's mom told me that when he was a baby he crawled backwards and then went straight to walking!
    ctsassy

Answer by ctsassy at 4:34 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• My daughter is also 7 1/2 months and she has not really tried crawling yet, we have wood floors so she discovered while she is lying on her back she can use her heels to scoot herself around so then when we put her on the carpet upstairs or at anyone else's place she'll do her best to scoot on the carpet too! So I have somewhat of a backwards baby too!!
    fisherd

Answer by fisherd at 10:54 PM on Oct. 24, 2008