do you or would u let your teenage daughter go out with her bra strap hanging out

i see this all the time i think it is very trashy i know my mom would never let me walk out the door like that and know i am not going to let my daughter do it

Paigesmommy78

Asked by Paigesmommy78 at 5:09 AM on Oct. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• no
    diana398

Answer by diana398 at 12:10 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Would you rather she go braless?
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 6:54 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• spaghetti strap tops and Ts usually let your bra strap show. I use to object. but the above poster has the correct point. Going braless is the alternative. The bra strap should be one that is simple and look like a strap not a wider bra strap. It is a style and done properly is appropriate in todays world.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:30 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• A bra strap hanging out is a style. I do not think it is worth battling over with a teen. I pick my battles. And a bra strap hanging out is not worth it.

Answer by louise2 at 5:21 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• to be honest with you, i am a teen mom and i wouldn't let my dd go out like that! but i already let my bra strag haging out. just explain to her dd that expecially man or boys they get a wrong ideia when she go out like that!
    good luck for you and by the way my dd is only one, so maybe using the bra strag haging out won't be in fashion i hope! lol xD
    Sofiah

Answer by Sofiah at 5:17 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• well there is strapless and they even have bras with clear straps so no they don't have 2 go braless
    Paigesmommy78

Comment by Paigesmommy78 (original poster) at 8:47 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• No bid deal, like louise2 said, you have to pick your battles.
    mygirlpaige

Answer by mygirlpaige at 9:30 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I honestly don't think it matters or looks bad...if you are wearing a spaghetti strap tank top they're gonna show...but I would say something if the straps weren't overlapping...like if the dimensions were completely off because it would look weird....and I do not think the bra strap gives guys any extra ideas...because those ideas will be there in young men bra strap showing or not...its not as if boys can only see where their breasts are or what shape/size they are if there is a bra strap involved, they'll be noticing either way...and I don't think clear straps are a good alt. they aren't very comfy and i can still always see them...maybe the idea of "clear" will create certain thoughts lol....and sometimes its hard to fit a girl with not much there in a strapless...but whatever floats your boat..I think this is one of those things to pick your battles on...because it trully seems insignificant.
    Mortiferouslatt

Answer by Mortiferouslatt at 9:53 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• witha tank top or a spaghetti strap top, yes! I mean really, a littel over protective maybe?
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 10:13 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Yes, I would, but it depends on the clothing all together, not whether or not the bra strap is visible. My bra strap becomes visible sometimes, it just happens. I don't think I look trashy. I wouldn't allow my daughter to dress in a trashy fashion, but I think that's a separate issue.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 2:12 PM on Oct. 1, 2010