Pro-lifers, are there any examples of where you can understand an abortion taking place? adult content

I can understand if a pregnancy has come out of incest,molestation or rape. I have never been in those situations and feel I can not judge. Also,if a baby in the womb has died or something tragic has gone terribly wrong,then I can understand about terminating the pregnancy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:18 AM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I agree with you only in those dire circumstances should a life be taken. If you play with fire and get pregnant I think you should have the child, but some women use abortion as birth control. To me it is wrong,
    M0m0f2T33nB0ys

Answer by M0m0f2T33nB0ys at 5:52 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Those are the only reasons to me to terminate a pregnancy. I think you slept with someone you should have to have the baby and you can give it up for adoption

Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:22 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I am opposed to it. Even in the cases of incest or rape, a life has been created and that life is precious and should be given a chance. Adoption is always an option. Some wonderfully talented people who have contributed much to our society were the products of rape.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 6:45 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Rape!
    Necole C.

Answer by Necole C. at 6:53 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Medically necessary abortions, such as those done in the cases of ectopic pregnancies, are the only ones that I understand. When the baby is not going be born no matter what and the mother's life is in jeopardy, terminating the prenancy makes sense, though abortion even in this situation is painful.

The other cases already mentioned (incest and rape) are cases that I have internally debated for years. Even though that baby was conceived under dreadful circumstances, the baby is still innocent. He did not ask for this any more than the mother did. As much as it is possible, the mother should be encouraged to bear the child and place him for adoption, perhaps use this to allow some good to come from this very bad experience.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 7:35 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• My stance is the same as May-20's
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:09 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Those are the only reasons to me to terminate a pregnancy.
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 9:10 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• My only condition is if the life of the mother is in jeopardy. If its the life of the child vs. the life of the mother, then I believe the mother has every right to save herself, especially if there's a low chance of the child surviving or something has, as you said, gone terribly wrong.

I don't believe in it in the case of rape or incest, though.... I agree with May-20 on that. A life is a life, IMO....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:28 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I used to be pro-life, and even then I understood abortion when it came to incest and rape...the woman did not ask to get pregnant, she didn't willfully take a chance at getting pregnant..and in those cases to me it seems that the woman's mental and physical well being should be the top priority...if some women want to keep those pregnancies, that is fine and is their decision to make, but to force such a pregnancy on anyone is cruel, it's like punishing her for something that has already been traumatic enough, and she may not be stable enough to endure such punishment....I still do not agree with abortion for convenience purposes, its still tragic, but hopefully if someone goes there, they learn their lesson and take measures to keep it from happening again...I've very seldom heard anyone say it was easy, and that they did not grieve over their lost child and their decision.
    Mortiferouslatt

Answer by Mortiferouslatt at 9:42 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• You know abortion preformed in the cases of mothers life at heavy risk...rape..incest..are LOW most are elective abortions where another choice could have been chosen.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:47 AM on Oct. 1, 2010