Phentermine...

I have been taking phentermine for a month now and lost 15 pounds, which is great, but I've heard people lose way more. But now im getting more hungry and eatting more, when you now really supposed to be hungry when taking this. I was wondering if anyone else has taken it and felt like this? I know its supposed to curve your appettie, and it did for me for the first 2 weeks. And now its back. I am also on the highest dosage..

proud_mommy1322

Asked by proud_mommy1322 at 5:31 AM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I've taken it a couple of times, after my first son (I was 21) and I took it for 5 weeks and lost 35 pounds. I didn't have any problems with it then, however I took it last year and it worked great for me for about 2 months....then they upped the dose for me, but it did slowly start losing it's affect. I don't know if it's because I'm older, or because I had more weight to lose this time than when I took it before. I'm 49 now.

Good Luck!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 9:43 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Your body can and will adjust to the drug. You need to maybe try cutting it out or in half for a day or two and then maybe add it back. I did it once and not for long b/c I don't care for diet pills BUT it does work! Try doing say...one day on and one day off for a week. This will also help you to teach yourself how to eat smaller meals on the off days. If you don't teach your body to eat smaller more frequent meals then you WILL gain it back once you quit taking the medication. Good Luck to you!
    AngelRT

Answer by AngelRT at 8:12 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I am on Zantrex 3 right now. I'm not having any issues with hunger. In the past when I did take other diet pills and my body would get used to them and they would stop working, I stopped taking them for several days and I started taking them again. That worked.
    Anonymous

• ive never heard of this but gl!!!
    san78

Answer by san78 at 12:01 PM on Oct. 4, 2010