haveing a bby during the school year...( if u ever had a c section, READ!!)

im 18 weeks pregant with twins and still attending school. i think i am going to request a c section, if i dont have to have one. but i think i will have to. but anyways, how long do you think i should take off school? should i just plan on dropping out after the bby is born and just going back next year. becuase either way im going 2 try and graduate. but my babies are due in march and it would be stupuid to just drop out. my mom said that she will stay home and take care of them after i recover and stuff, so like would 2 weeks be enough or no? please help!

tiffany275

Asked by tiffany275 at 3:08 PM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Pregnancy

• you will need 6 week at least before the doctor will release you to return to school. see if the school will let you do your work at home and send it in. many will do that for new moms.
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 3:25 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• i strongly suggest 6 weeks, since everyone's body heals differently. if your mom says she'll help you out, then by all means, stay in school!
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 3:13 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• i didnt have a c section and only had one baby and let me tell you in two weeks you arent going to want to do anything and im sure having a incision you really arent going to want to do anything my son just turned two months old and im just going back to work. i work in an office so its not hard work you are just so tired from having nothing but broken sleep. its totally depends on how your body reacts to everything.
    hunters_mom820

Answer by hunters_mom820 at 3:14 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I never had a baby during school but I have had a c-section. I am thinking that 6 weeks is going to be what you will need. When you have a c-section you can't even drive for 2 weeks not to mention the exhaustion. I am not sure if you are in college or high school but either way you should be able to ask for your assignments in advance and take any tests when you are feeling up to going back. Good luck.
    candygirl1030

Answer by candygirl1030 at 3:15 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I dont think 2 weeks will be enough. But that depends on how good you feel after the c-section and how good your body will heal (scar). Dont forget that the c-section is a real surgery. A "big" cut on your belly.

It took me more than 4 weeks to at least walk normal again. I was in the hospital for 10days and i was laying in the hospital bed for 4 days straight, because i just couldnt move. The belly hurt really bad. Remember, they cut through a lot of nerves and they will have to move your guts around when they get the baby out. That means you will probably have some cramps for at least a week. Not painful bad cramps, but some women (so did i) have problems to sit and stay up straight.

But every woman is different. 2weeks is still not enough imo.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 3:15 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I was up and walking/driving around within a week but you can't carry or lift anything not to mention it was very painful and I was still way exhausted. If you can avoid a c-section I would. There is no way I want another one. Congrats on the twins!
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 3:16 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Wow! It's going to be really hard with newborn twins to go back to school! You are going to be extremely sleep deprived! Physically 2 weeks should be enough. If you have plenty of help from your Mom and your hubby you may be able to get enough sleep to concentrate at school. Are you a full time or part time student? How many days a week and hours per day do you go to class? It will be very hard but, you my could handle it.
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 3:20 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• i had a c-section but i wasn't in school. my suggestion would be to go to summer school because you do need time to heal weather u have a vaginal birth or a c-section.

Anonymous

• No 2 weeks will not be enough.... you'll be looking at more like 8 weeks. (it can be done in 6 weeks)
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 3:28 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I think you should just drop out and go get your GED alot faster and easier. Especially with two. People may not believe me but these days the people are liking GED' s better. I dont want to sound mean but people can graduate school and be really not smart. THey can graduate with all D minuses. But the GED you have to work really hard to get it. You have to take tests and stuff. I mean its not that hard. It only took me like 3 months. And you have to go like 2 or 3 times a weeks for like 2 or 3 hours. I really suggest it. I hope everything works out for you hun. If you have support and stuff I would be a stay at home mom. But thats just me.
    Marah2008

Answer by Marah2008 at 3:30 PM on Oct. 23, 2008