activities

what are some play groups/activities would you and your 19 month old do to make sure they are gettin anough social skills, and how did you go about setting up the plans for your lil ones?

clowery573

Asked by clowery573 at 6:05 AM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• dont worry about social skills-a 19 month old is still in the solitary/side by side rather than interactive play stage of development, give them opportunities to see other kids play, and they will eventually want to join in.
    katiemum

Answer by katiemum at 7:17 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• We go to church on Sundays where he stays in the nursery, I go to a Bible Study on Tuesday mornings where he stays in the nursery, MOPS, library rhyme time, and then just regular playgrounds where he has the opportunity to play with other little ones. I also model appropriate behavior for him as far as introducing myself to new people and using good manners all the time.

Answer by missanc at 8:58 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• we try to go to the park and meet new people. He also smiles and waves at everyone anywhere we go and I encourage him to talk to people I know at different stores
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 11:14 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Go to Meetup.com and search for a mom's group in your area. I have met 5 of the most amazing woman this way. I also go to the gym daily and my DS enjoys the daycare there for an hour. Go to your Library story time or pay for a Gym, Music or Art class. This REALLY helped my DS. He is more social than many toddlers in daycare we know. GL!
    coolchic320

Answer by coolchic320 at 6:55 PM on Oct. 1, 2010