Have You Heard?

What is something that you'd like everyone to hear? Plz use nice words. Words of encouragement, warnings, concernings, or opinions?

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 6:49 AM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Fisher Price/Mattel has a big toy, furniture recall- please check the site & keep your kids safe!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:36 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• 1.) a broken bone and a fractured bone are the same thing.
    2.) a pulled muscle and a strained muscle are the same thing
    3.) When you or your child gets hurt and you use RICE (rest, ice, compression & elevation) - did you know that COMPRESSION is really the most important factor in reducing edema (swelling)? Really it is.... keep that ace wrap on until the swelling goes down and you will heal much faster!! And.... NO Heat until the injury is at least a week old!! No heat if you still have swelling in the joint!

OK... I am really venting about what I experience at work everyday... but you'd be surprised how many people out there really just don't know how to treat a basic muscle strain/ligament sprain!! And I hate then they prolong their pain buy not knowing ;o)
    Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 8:38 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• An elephant cannot jump
    Humans are the only creatures that look behind them when running from something or some one.
    The bullet proof vest was invented by a woman.
    The first known contraceptive was crocodile dung, used by Egyptians in 2000 B.C.
    When you die your hair still grows for a couple of months.
    The Neanderthal's brain was bigger than yours is.
    Dentists have recommended that a toothbrush be kept at least 6 feet (2 m) away from a toilet to avoid airborne particles resulting from the flush. Ok, you KNOW you are going to check to make sure yours is now don't you!?
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:52 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I want people to know that it is okay to talk about my child being autistic. If you don't know what to say, it is okay to say that. We are okay. We are living with the truth. We love her as much as anyone could possibly love a child. You won't upset us by asking questions.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 10:32 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Gotta correct you on one point salexander,your hair doesn't continue to grow,the follicle recedes and makes the hair appear longer. Same as with your nails. For something to grow,life is needed.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:38 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Thank for for being willing to share your opinions and knowledge! I know I have learned a few things all ready! I hope more will respond. Its important to the rest of us.

HAZELNUTKIN. we'd love your child because she's a part of you. Plus, I've known many children who are unique, smart, and have special gifts. I wish I could bottle their energy! Love their smiles and find them to be great fun in playing hide and go seek. They always beat me back to the tree! You are a wonderful mom. It take a very big heart and passion to raise these unique and beautiful children!
    Prayerpartner

Comment by Prayerpartner (original poster) at 11:09 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Death is not contagious.
    The death of a spouse is not a reason to shy away from another person.
    The death of a spouse should be a reason to step forward, offer kindness, be supportive, give assistance.

We'll all be here someday - death is part of the journey. Learn to show compassion towards those suffering this tremendous loss.
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 11:32 AM on Oct. 1, 2010