Have you grown up to be like your parents?

CullenFan

Asked by CullenFan at 7:05 AM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Thankfully no!
    Leigh519121

Answer by Leigh519121 at 7:08 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I have grown up to be like my Mom and my Step Dad in a lot of ways. Other ways, not so much. But, the ways that I did get from them I am thankful for, because they are and always have been my heroes.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 7:46 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• No I wasn't supported with what i wanted and had the opportunity to do in high school cause my mom is was so hung up on stereo types and still is. I swore I would never do that to my kids. I have been 100% behind my kids in what ever they chosen to pursue. One daughter wants to be a tattoo artist and art teacher while my other daughter is looking at fashion design, floral design and culinary. My artist is in a main stream high school with a great art program and my designer chef is going to a vo-tech to get a head start on trade. I will told til the day i die how my mom does not think my decisions are the best for my kids cause she doesnt understand.
    oceanspearl

Answer by oceanspearl at 7:47 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• not at all i wanted to be different with my kids then they were with me
    devinalexis

Answer by devinalexis at 7:48 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• No, thank God.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 7:50 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I suppose there is a litle of both of my parents in my parenting style. Both of them have passed away in the last six years, and so it has become more apparent to me~ as my kids get older (the teen years) I hear my mother's words leave my mouth & sometimes I get where she was coming from when I was young, and other times, I gulp and promise myself to try differently!
    luvmykidz037

Answer by luvmykidz037 at 8:16 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• in some ways yes, in others no.... i am ery outspoken like my dad and in alot of ways i'm also like my mom....but there are alot of things about both of them i neer want to see in myself
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 8:48 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I'm in no way like either of my parents and thank God for that. They were aweful!
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 9:38 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• No way!
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:48 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• In some ways yes and in others no, and I have awesome parents.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 9:59 AM on Oct. 1, 2010