Have you or would you donate your eggs to a complete stranger and accept money? What are your thoughts on it?

Leigh519121

Asked by Leigh519121 at 7:07 AM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• I absolutely would. I'm not using it! lol. But seriously, if someone cannot have children, I think that they should choose to adopt. Children need homes. However, I am not here to dictate the choices of others. If someone wants a surrogate, or a donated egg, so be it. Giving birth to a child does so much for the mother and child to bond them together chemically, even if it is not biologically theirs. As for the money, I have three kids and am low income. The money from selling an egg could buy them winter clothes, or buy me my first coat since I was a kid, or get warm clothes on my husband. It could catch us up on bills. Make Christmas happen. Go into college funds. Buy a second vehicle. I would be a FOOL to NOT sell an EGG so I could better provide for my family. Unfortunately, they tend to want eggs from women who are not overweight and meet certain standards I don't think I meet (lol). Oh well.
    momto1plus2b

Answer by momto1plus2b at 2:52 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I actually looked into it, but get this, they are sooooo picky. It's like a meat market. You have a profile like facebook, you post pics of yourself, your kids, they want you to have a college education, no health problems(everyone has something geeze!). Then people can just scroll on down until they find someone that looks like them, or have a genious child, or green eyes or a model or whatever. It kind of messed with my head.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:25 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• i would, they wouldn't have to pay me though if they didn't want to. i wouldn't think of that child as mine at all, i didn't carry him or birth him or love him the way those parents do, i would support their decisions bc they are his parents.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 8:32 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I would have if I had been with in the parameters they look for. I would take the money. It is a time consuming and some what painful process to have your eggs harvested. You have to take medications,daily injections and have physicals, psychiatric evals and testing for multiple diseases then the egg harvesting it's self. It's not a simple process like donating blood.   http://health.howstuffworks.com/pregnancy-and-parenting/pregnancy/fertility/egg-donation3.htm

But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:57 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I can't say for sure, but I think I would donate my eggs. There are a lot of couples out there who I could help out if they chose me to be their egg donor. I would not accept money though. I agree with other ladies, it's just like selling children.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 9:32 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I've thought about it.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:28 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I would. You can make $7000 for one donation here. My body would never take to the hormonal treatments though, for both of my pregnancies were so horrible. If I thought I could take to it, I would have already done it. Plus, it gives someone else a child they could not produce on their own.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 11:18 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• no, i would not accept money for eggs-to me its like selling children. i would however, donate eggs to a couple who i felt were worthy.
    katiemum

Answer by katiemum at 7:13 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I first thought you were talking about eggs from my fridge. There is a conflict to me donate means no reimbursement than you add money.
    No, I do not think I would. How do men do this all the time. Do they not think about what they are actually doing. Are men shallow and ncaring? Is this why men walk away from their children all the time. What is the differece between men and women?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:19 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I though about it when I was younger- but I didnt do it. I dont think I have too many left now!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:32 AM on Oct. 1, 2010