How long after you had your baby (or babies) did you return to/start work?

What were your circumstances?

Melissa15

Asked by Melissa15 at 8:26 AM on Oct. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• 7 weeks with DS I was the only one with a job and that's when all my PTO was up.
    13 weeks with DD DH had a good job and I had PTO plus Aflac Personal insurance which paid me for my time off. 8 weeks for a c-sec I got 1,800 dollar check from them. That helped A LOT. WE were very lucky that time.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:35 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• i went back the day of my 6 week checkup after I had my son, I was a single parent at the time had no choice. I worked throughout my pregnancy with my daughter but then decided to be a stay at home mom after she was born, we are in a good enough postion now that we can afford for me to stay home.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 9:10 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• One month, we were broke.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:27 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I took 9 weeks. This was before family leave. I was entitled to 8 weeks base on my time at the company and I took an additional week's vacation.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:34 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I brought my laptop and worked in the hospital......... Yeah, I'm a successful workaholic :o) I own my own business though (and no, it's not a recruiting business, so I'm not going to tell anyone what I do...LOL). If I worked outside of my home, then I would wait as long as possible. I would think that the minimum would be 6 weeks though. It might also depend on if you had a c section.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 8:35 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I have a friend who went back to work 3 weeks after a c-sec waiting tables because her husband made her. They needed the money and he didn't want to work more hours.

I took 8 weeks. half of it was saved up vacation time and the other half was savings and us cutting corners.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:37 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• i received 6 weeks paid leave, and could take up to another 6 weeks unpaid family leave and i did! i loved being home for 3 months with my little one.
    ashjacks4

Answer by ashjacks4 at 8:37 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• 4 months with my DD........ She was born in April and I have the summers off - it just worked out that way
    9 weeks with my DS... he was born in Aug, and DH was home when I left for work any ways so It was foolish (for us) to stay home any longer since I felt good and he was with a parent either way.

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 8:46 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I stayed home 5mths with my first son before I had to get a job. With my second son I was home 2 1/2 mths because I had a C section.
    dlshaner

Answer by dlshaner at 9:26 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• One week because we had started a major project right before I gave birth (9 weeks early) and I had to go back right away. Thankfully, the my nanny from when I was little accepted to be my daughter's nanny so I was very comfortable leaving her at home.
    mygirlpaige

Answer by mygirlpaige at 9:15 AM on Oct. 1, 2010