Beale Street in Memphis?

Is it safe?
Is it any fun to go to during the day?

Me & my hubby are taking a weekend trip to Tunica, MS in a few weeks. We would like to go to Beale Street to see the hard rock cafe and coyote ugly. We would be going there on a Saturday day trip. I am not from a big city and am worried if it is safe. I want to have fun because we never get out alone, any info would be great!

jnd951999

Asked by jnd951999 at 8:38 AM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Travel

• Definitely go!!! Don't miss out on seeing the Peabody Hotel with the famous ducks! Beale Street is not to be missed either. If you and your husband like BBQ then you should plan your trip in May when the "Memphis in May BBQ Festival" is taking place down on the Riverfront.
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 11:47 AM on Oct. 5, 2010

• It's safe...or at least nothing has happened to me. There usually isn't too much going on during the day, so you shouldn't run in to any troubles. =) We live about 2 hours away, so we've been there quite a few times. Night time is when it gets a little hectic because that's when people are waiting to get into concerts and drinking. Have fun!
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 8:47 AM on Oct. 1, 2010