make her go back to bed or just deal with the whining?

my dd just woke up and was asking 500 questions like always.. i said "hold on boo boo and i'll fix you something to drink" she ran into her room crying . i'm so tempted to make her go back to sleep. she only gets like that when she's tired. shold i make her go now, or take a nap later? ......

josiesmommy00

Asked by josiesmommy00 at 9:04 AM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I'd just recommend a quiet activity now, and a nap later. Maybe put a movie on and sit down with her until she calms down. GL
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 9:12 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Sounds like tootoobusy needs a nap too! I like what bisketliss said about easing her into the day, w/ some cuddle time & her fav. show or movie. Asking her what she wants to drink shouldnt get her riled up- and you know your child best. Enjoy your day. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• If she is like my child, when she's up..... she's up!!!! LOL
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 9:21 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I understand what you mean... One of my boys does this, he wakes up the same time every day and some days, he's just not ready yet. I really would love for him to go back to bed and sleep more- because he obviously needs it. I feel bad for him and encourage him to rest on those mornings. Otherwise, everything is a fight and he's in tears easily.

tootoobusy must have been too busy this morning to think it through- OP said that she was crying because she asked her to wait a minute, she was asking 500 questions like normal and then suddenly turned ABNORMAL in her behavior- because she was most likely still tired.

It happens, but you'll probably cause more trouble trying to get her to go back to bed. Just toss in a movie and let her zone for awhile. :-)
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 10:04 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• when my daugther is over active like this in the morning we stay curled up in bed and I let her fire away... she either gets bored and wants to go play in her play room, or will fall back to sleep, etc.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:22 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• yeah she was still tired, she woke up too early... do you have a brain ? and i can't sit and snuggle with her like i wish i could b/c at the time my baby was being fed so piss off i didn't ask for bitchy suggestions
    josiesmommy00

Comment by josiesmommy00 (original poster) at 7:23 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I do not understand. She woke up. It is morning. She is asking questions. She only gets like this when she is tired? Like what? Waking up and asking questions? Could it be that you are tired? Why not cuddle with her in your bed and talk about 10 of her 500 questions. By then you might be ready to get up and begin the L o o o o o o o N G day.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:13 AM on Oct. 1, 2010