Do you think this is ok?

How do you feel about an 11-12 yo girl going to a Homecoming game with a couple girls? Do you think it's appropriate without the parents being there?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:32 AM on Oct. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• That seems awfully young. I dont think I would allow it. At least not w/out some parental supervision.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:34 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Is it a highschool homecoming game. Is she a high school student? There is no reason for a middle school student being at a high school game without adult supervision. Maybe I should say GOOD reason. It sounds like little girls trying to fit in where they do not belong and should not be.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:35 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I would stay in the parking lot. She would just not know.
    Alone no.

gammie

Answer by gammie at 9:36 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• No, I remember being that age, and my parents let me do that stuff alone,and boy if they only knew..... I wouldn't let it happen, and I don't even have an 11/12 yr old daughter...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:37 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I think there should be at least one adult (parent and NOT older sibling who will ditch them if they want or who will ditch them just to get away) for supervision with them. 12 is still VERY young and susceptable to influence.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 9:40 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• We lived across the street from the football field, I use to go to the games all the time when I was very young.
    My younger bother and I would just hang out. But I also was street smart.
    You can also say if you want to go I will take you and I'm watching the game and you can hang with your friend.

Like I said above alone no.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 9:44 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I think that if she wants to go to the game with her friends, there should be an adult that she knows for her to go to in an emergency.
    If it was like the small town I went to, I knew my youth pastor was at the game, or I'd find another adult, and they'd be ok with me going to them in case anything happened. All I had to do was check in with them when I got there, and then let them know I was leaving.
    6girlsrock

Answer by 6girlsrock at 9:47 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• IDK, i went to all the games, and i was aright!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 10:11 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I'd probably let my kids.  They go all over as a group (with or without their friends).  My oldest is 10.  When I was 13/14 I was spending the whole day at Six Flags with my brother (who is 2 years younger than me so 11/12) and a bunch of our friends (between the ages of 8 and 14).  Fun times.  Wish my kids would get that experience but, sadly, I'd probably be arrested if we let them do that.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:52 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Um idk about this. A high school football game while fun, is full of older kids. I don't know if I would feel safe doing this. Depends on the area, the child and of course, do they have a phone.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:48 PM on Oct. 1, 2010