Why would someone send their kid off to school without feeding them at least a $.90 banana?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on Oct. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• My kids do not eat breakfast at home, they get free breakfast at school, it is also a social time for them to sit with their friends and be silly before class. And I drop them off early before I go to work.
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 9:42 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Sometimes kids just don't want to eat in the morning. With all the hustle and bustle of getting up, getting dressed, gathering all your stuff together, and rushing out the door, there's just no time. I know when I used to do it, my son would rarely eat breakfast in the morning, even if I brought it in the car with us. I'm not ready to eat when I first wake up, why should I expect my kids to be?

Just another reason I'm happy we home-school. My kids can wake up and take as much time as they need before eating breakfast. There's no more rushing in our house.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 9:45 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• my kids have a really hard time eatungbefore 8 am.
    lilydoyle

Answer by lilydoyle at 10:03 AM on Oct. 1, 2010