can you have vaginal delievery while pregant with twins???

as everyone knows, im pregant with my first 2 bbies and im only 16. but if everything goes well and no emergencies happen, is there a way i could deliver vaginally so i could heal faster and therefore, be back in high school faster???

tiffany275

Asked by tiffany275 at 3:21 PM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I had my twins vaginally three years ago. It all went very smoothly, though I know it's scary. Message me if you have any questions. :) Kristen
    Cafe Kristen

Answer by Cafe Kristen at 4:21 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• yeah, you don't need a c-section. tons of women have twins vaginaly, and don't let the doctor tell you otherwise. these days doctors push c-sections so they get more money.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 3:22 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Yes. I know several people that have done it. My twin sisters were born vaginally. Two sets of cousins were also. Good luck! :)
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 3:22 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Ya I know a couple people that had vaginal deliveries. But if anyone of the babies is breech then no you cant.
    Marah2008

Answer by Marah2008 at 3:23 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• sure many people have then vaginally. but they will want to monitor the second baby as the first is being delivered because they sometimes go into distress during labor. you can do it.
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 3:23 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Yes you can. But at your age, pregnant with twins a lot of OB would suggest you a c-section. But its your decision after all. I would NEVER EVER want to have a c-section again. It was horrible. I had to have one though, so there was no way around it. But if you dont need a c-section, then please dont do it. Takes way too long to heal and be able to move around normal again.

I didnt have a vaginal delivery yet... since my daughter is my only child. But all my friends (which had normal birth) told me, that they rather had the pain before and while giving birth and afterwards be able to enjoy every minute with the baby.. walking around, picking them up out of the bed ect. I couldnt do that after the c-section. :(
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 3:24 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• sure, people were having twins and more vaginally LONG before c sections were ever an option. I think the best thing you can do is try. I mean don't feel bad if you end up with a c/s but I would at least give pushing a try first. Good luck!
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 3:26 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• thats how my little sisters got here..*G*
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 3:31 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Certainly! I hope everything goes fine for you.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:49 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• You can of course they would need to be in the right position so they would keep checking you etc. But worth a try!! :)
    Willywonka06

Answer by Willywonka06 at 4:00 PM on Oct. 23, 2008