Why would someone send their kid off to school without feeding them at least a $.90 banana?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:41 AM on Oct. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• All of the schools in this area provide free breakfast for the kids. I still feed mine at home, but, if we are running late, or the kids don't eat what I give them, I have peace of mind that they will be fed again at school. That is the only reason that I can think of for not feeding your kids breakfast.
    A.Perry

Answer by A.Perry at 9:44 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• My daughter eats breakfast at school right when she gets there.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 9:44 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I have no idea. There's not always time for breakfast at home, but I give her a banana, a donut or something on our way to school.
    mygirlpaige

Answer by mygirlpaige at 9:45 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• cause they have no money...? Idk is it a trick question?
    agriffinmom4

Answer by agriffinmom4 at 9:49 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• That's an expensive banana!
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 9:52 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• My mom did that because she was too lazy to get up in the mornings.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 9:59 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Banana's around our town are typically about $.46 a pound thankfully! :) I don't make breakfast at home because we already have a long mornig routine (6am with a 30+ minute drive to school and then off to work for me... would have to be up around 4:30am to make breakfast at home because my younger daughter eats very SLOWLY, lol) so if I know we are leaving out too late for breakfast at school then I give them something to eat in the car. I also sometimes give them something in the car (muffins, fruit, etc) AND they eat at school. Then I am off to work. :(
    I would feel so guilty if I didn't feed them SOMETHING.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 10:03 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• well we are military, and our kids gt free breakfast and lunch, so why would I feed them twice?
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 10:10 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Who in their right mind would pay $0.90 for 1 banana?!
    Our schools have free breakfast for everyone which really upsets me. I feed my kids. I don't want them eating the junk food that the schools call nutritional. It is my responsibility & privilege to feed my kids. Unfortunately, many parents are too busy with their own lives that they forget what being a parent means. They leave it up to the government to raise their kids.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 10:56 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I think motherofhope98 needs to go grab one of those 90 cent banana's and stick it up her ass. We are not being bad, neglectful parents who allow the governemnt to raise our children simply because we allow them to eat at school. We also are not forgetting what it menas to be a parent nor am I too busy with my own life to worry about what is best for my children. I think you are quite the judgemental bitch.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 11:02 AM on Oct. 1, 2010