Should I buy invites or make them myself?

My daughters birthday is coming up and for her party I was thinking of making invites. I only have a black and white printer at my disposal... so should I buy them or would the printed one's look okay?

Would one or the other make or break your decision to go to the party? (As in if you saw they are printed would that give you the assumption the party was going to be cheaply thrown together and lame, etc?)

Memigen

Asked by Memigen at 9:43 AM on Oct. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• The way the invitations look wouldn't have any effect on my decision to go to the party. If I like you, I'm going! Especially if it's for a kid. The invite has nothing to do with how the party is going to be. I made my baby shower invitations and people still came. lol. People are going to be coming for you child, not for the invites! :) So go ahead and do what's best for you. I know it's a heck of a lot cheaper! And you can use the money you would've spent buying invites on something else for the party!
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 10:17 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• It wouldn't matter to me, I would go to the party of someone I like anyways!!
    mygirlpaige

Answer by mygirlpaige at 9:47 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I would make everything I could! The party would be fun! Put most of your attention on the activities to keep them occupied and give them a time to remember!
    QueenAdeela

Answer by QueenAdeela at 2:03 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I would make them! The way they look doesn't matter, it's the sentiment behind them that does.
    Proudmumof2

Answer by Proudmumof2 at 1:55 PM on Oct. 2, 2010