if your doctor finds cysts on your ovaries do they check it for cancer? is so how do they check?

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 9:57 AM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Health

• I think if they suspect cyst on ovaries they have you go for an ultrasound. They'll probably monitor to see if they are growing - from what I understand, cysts look different than tumors on U/S. If they suspect tumor then probably biopsy? It's best to ask your doc.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 9:58 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Cysts are not tumors. So no they don't check. I have had them surgically removed and they didn't find them on an ultrasound because my bowel was covering them. Cysts break on their own and go away, or they get huge like mine did and get removed.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:01 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Cysts are not tumors. They are small, round, fluid filled structures. They look very different on an ultrasound. Cysts are usually caused by hormones too. The doctor will probably check the size and if there is any vascularity in the cysts, but that is most likely it. Cysts are just fluid filled so there is nothing really they can do for them except drain them or wait for them to disspate on their own.
    BabyBoyBlue

Answer by BabyBoyBlue at 12:14 PM on Oct. 1, 2010