Does your baby take "weenie naps"?

My four month old takes the dinkiest naps ever. We call them "weenie naps." She falls sound asleep and you put her down thinking she's going to sleep for a while and you'll be able to get something done....and then boom...five to fifteen minutes later she is WIDE awake and bright eyed. Anyone elses little one take weenie naps?

sophiafarris

Asked by sophiafarris at 3:25 PM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yes!! mine does!! He's terrible 1st he fights getting to sleep so that's a mission in itself ..then when he's finally asleep we put him down...we can maybe get a few mins in before he's wide awake. But at night when we finally get him to sleep...he'll sleep through the night. He only does the "weenie naps" during the day
    Dabugg698

Answer by Dabugg698 at 3:37 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• my son is 6 months ans sleeps for 30 mins at a time
    MommyTessier

Answer by MommyTessier at 3:54 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• My 5 month old does the same thing. Just this week she has finally started taking 45 minute naps in her crib. I have to hold her in my arms, sway side to side, bounce her up and down, and pat her butt all in a rhythmic pattern to get her to fall asleep. Then I put her in her crib with her little lamb that names nature sounds. She usually wakes up when I put her in her crib and fusses a few times but then she'll sleep for about 45 minutes. Not as long as I'd like but she wasn't napping at all on her own before. She would fall asleep on me but the minute I tried to put her down she was screaming her head off. I hope she starts sleeping longer!
    shell78

Answer by shell78 at 4:26 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Yes he did as a newborn to three months. Now he takes 30 minute naps to an hour at 4 months.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 4:52 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Yes ma'am. Sometimes just a couple minutes later she is in her crib playing. But she also takes two-three hour naps, so when I lay her down, I really dont know how much time I have... She seems the same amount of "asleep" each time. Weird.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 4:57 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Mine did and it DROVE ME CRAZY!!! I couldn't get anything done. I read the 90 Minute Sleep Solution by Dr. Polly Moore. It taught me so much! DD takes a two hour nap in the morning and an hour nap in the afternoon. I really think this a must read for anyone who is having sleeping issues.
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 7:58 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I just remembered something that really helped us. If she wakes up before you think she is ready, try putting her back to sleep. Sometimes they don't know how to get themselves back to sleep. DD does this all time! We live downtown with lots of walking and car traffic. I know she is not ready especially if she wakes up grump!
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 12:17 PM on Oct. 24, 2008