What is the best diaper rash cream?

flowrchild77

Asked by flowrchild77 at 4:28 PM on Jul. 2, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I haven't had many problems this baby...but I've heard great reviews for Budreaux's Butt Paste.
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 4:32 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• The best diaper rash creme is one that I made myself. It's made out of collendula, comfrey, witch hazel (the herb not the astringent), beeswax, olive oil, and pure cocoa butter.

My son once got a really bad diaper rash when the baby sitter was watching him for us one night. She didn't realize that he had pooped and he had fallen asleep with a dirty diaper. He had such a bad rash! This stuff cleared it up right away! The herbs used are really powerful healing herbs. The cocoa butter is soothing on a sore bum, and the beeswax made it creamy. The olive oil was just a base.

Anyway, the oinment is also good for cuts and scrapes. Comfrey is practically nature's neosporin (heals quickly and even prevents scars). Just don't use it on really deep wounds because the outside will heal faster than the inside and you can get an abcese.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 4:33 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• I use Boudreaux's Butt Paste and it's awesome. My daughter has had rash twice only, and it was minor, but this stuff got rid of it right away.
    mrsmarklewis

Answer by mrsmarklewis at 4:36 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• Boudreaux's butt paste is great. I have used it on my 2 youngest. put it on at the first sign of the rash and it is almost or completely gone by the next diaper change
    hlrc2004

Answer by hlrc2004 at 4:40 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• I rub A& D on my little buggers diaper area every night and he has yet to have a diaper rash at 15 months. I like it because it is easy to work with and doesn't leave a string of gooey white stuff wrapped around the tip of his pee pee like a lot of the thicker creams. But again, he has never actually had diaper rash, and I don't know whether it is luck of the draw or that the A & D does a good job to prevent it.
    supershlea

Answer by supershlea at 4:52 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• a&d is the best. My daughter had a yeast rash when she was 2 months old and it even cleared that up.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 5:00 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• I used to use vaseline with my baby. It worked fine and easy to wipe.
    Cecilia77

Answer by Cecilia77 at 5:17 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• boudreaux's hands down.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 6:47 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• Budreaux's Butt Paste is really good and Aveeno too!! Both are awesome.
    Skybearsmom

Answer by Skybearsmom at 6:49 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• Honestly.. I think it depends on the baby. My daughter was getting bad diaper rash, and I have to try TONS of different brands! I can't say that there is a BEST one... When the diaper rash go too bad.. Ijust let her go without a diaper for a while, fully aware of the consequences, but it seemed to help tremendously!
    KeelinsMommy

Answer by KeelinsMommy at 7:01 PM on Jul. 2, 2008