why does she do that?!?! its so strange...

When my niece gets frustrated, she takes her right hand and starts hitting the right side of her head.

(she only does this with her right hand and right side of her head.)

shes been doing it since she was like 10 months? shes now almost 15 months old....

any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:27 PM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It's totally normal. Lots of kids do it.
    Anonymous

• She does it ALL day long. when shes mad, tired, frustrated, anytime she isnt happy & content.
    Anonymous

• my son used to bang his head on the wall...it's normal
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 3:30 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• My daughter likes to slam her head on the floor. Just a way to get the frustration out.
    Anonymous

• Not only is she trying to release her frustration, but it's a great way to get attention and get what she wants. After all, what mom really wants to watch their kid beat themselves up? My daughter went through that phase at 4 years old, but only in public. It was embarrassing, but usually people would laugh at her (we hung out with the same group of adults every few days) and that would get her to giggle and be in a good mood again. Try distracting her with something she's allowed to do, but don't give in if she's trying to get something she's not supposed to have.
    cskomk0106

Answer by cskomk0106 at 7:16 PM on Oct. 23, 2008