What's anyone's take on this?

I need some advice here. These are copies of the emails his former principal sent me about my 10 yr. old son. Albert who has ADHD & ODD. Although, they are over a yr. old, they still upset me very much because one minute she's telling me we have the school's total support and the next minute she's asking me to pick him up for bad behavior. I don't know what to think. Is there anything I can do or is it too late?

Thanks Anita! Thanks for your support! We will get there!
Maureen

Just heard he is acting up and they are trying to reach you to get him - can you
(please see What's anyone's take on this cont.)

LovingParent08

Asked by LovingParent08 at 3:29 PM on Oct. 23, 2008 in General Parenting

• she is doing both. I would let it go it was a long time ago as she said you will get there but he can not be allowed to disrupt the rest of the class.
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 3:32 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• maybe they've worked with him as much as they can for the day and they just need you to take him home now??
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 3:32 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• There 2 different emails, and without the whole picture it hard to say....

They may be working with you, but at the same time, even when doing that it may require that he be removed....just to help..... and without knowing the whole story it's hard to say.
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 3:33 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I have a good friend whos son also has ADD and ODD plus he is PDD NOS. She is having a lot of trouble with him at school as well. The phone calls to pick him up, constant teacher meetings and notes sent home. Her son has been put into a class specifically for children with behavioral disorders. He is doing much better in this class. It is very organized and on a strict routine Is your son in one of those kinds of environments? If not does your childs school offer one? If not does any local school offer such a class room? Check it out. I hope you get things worked out. It is never to late to try something new. Be sure to keep your childs doctor involved that will help a lot also.
    Anonymous