Do you have a religion?

Do you think every one should follow it?
Why?
What is your religion about?
Why do you think that it is best?
Would you ever consider a belief change?
If you could choose one that everyone can relate to or is it a religion forced on you by friends and family?
Do you have friends that don't follow your religion?
Do you have animosity to those who have a different religion?
Do you accept people as they are?
Dose your religion involve hate of another?

agriffinmom4

Asked by agriffinmom4 at 10:20 AM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes and no. I am a Christian Universalist, but I don't prefer organized religion to personal cultivation. I sometimes go to church and act out my faith through the services there, but I'm still not very big on "religion" itself...

N0, I believe each of us have our own path, and we need to follow whatever resonates most with us and is most spiritually beneficial to us individually.

love, compassion

i don't. i pull from all faiths. i only know what is best for me.

i'm constantly studying and cultivating my faith, so change is possible, although i feel i have found what works best for me.

i have paved my own way, with my mother's encouragement. she encouraged questioning and thinking outside the religious box, for us to find our own truth - rather than indoctrinating us.

i'm the only one, besides my husband, that i know IRL, and i was the one that "found" it first, lol

not at all
    i do
    it
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:17 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Do you have a religion? I DON'T FOLLOW ANY ONE RELIGION ... I DON'T LIKE OR TRUST ORGANIZED RELIGIONS

Do you think every one should follow it? NO

Why? B/C I DON'T BELIEVE IN TELLING OTHERS HOW TO BELIEVE

What is your religion about? NOT ENOUGH SPACE

Why do you think that it is best? B/C IT WORKS FOR MY SPIRIT/SOUL

Would you ever consider a belief change? IT'S HOW I GOT TO WHERE I AM TODAY ... LEFT CHRISTIANITY

If you could choose one that everyone can relate to or is it a religion forced on you by friends and family? I'M A NON-CONFORMIST & I'VE ALREADY LEFT THE "FAMILY" RELIGION

Do you have friends that don't follow your religion? I'M THE ONLY PAGAN IN MY GROUP OF FAMILY/FRIENDS

Do you have animosity to those who have a different religion? ONLY THE JUDGMENTAL, SELF-RIGHTEOUS, HOLIER THAN THOU, TWO-FACED HYPOCRITICAL MEMBERS

Do you accept people as they are? I TRY TO
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:32 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I do not believe in religion, so no I don't.

Answer by older at 10:23 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• No
    Because it is just my interpretation of the Divine and others are entitiled to theirs
    Loving, learning, that Divine is everywhere and in everything
    I don't think it's 'best', it's just what I choose to believe
    Perhaps
    It wasn't forced upon me at all
    None of my friends have the same beliefs as me as far as I know
    No
    Yes
    No
    Melissa15

Answer by Melissa15 at 10:29 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Yes I have a religion its between me and my god or gods do I believe others should follow it no I believe we should all find the path to God or to whatever brings you closer to humanity and peace. Only individuals can know this.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:40 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I practice Buddhism, but you could make a very convincing argument that Buddhism is a philosophy and not a religion.
    No, I don't think everyone should follow it. I'm all for people finding their own paths.
    What is is about? Not enough space to give details. The Four Noble Truths and the Noble Eightfold Path are it's core.
    Why do I think i'ts best? I think it's best for me because it grounds me, makes me more focused on my daily life, makes me put compassion at the forefront, and reminds me to be mindful so I don't miss my life as it goes on around me.
    Would I consider a belief change? I don't really view it as a belief, but as a practice. But sure, my beliefs could change should some convincing proof of something else arise. I think we should be based in reality, not tied to dogma.
    None of my friends/family are actually the same religion as me. I don't have animosity towards other religions. And I hate no one.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 10:49 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• *don't know why it cut me off there - that last "it" should be "no, it is about love, love for all..."
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:19 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• No,
    Do you think every one should follow it? Not applicable or No
    Why? Not applicable
    What is your religion about? Again No religion
    Why do you think that it is best? I never said I did
    Would you ever consider a belief change? No. I'm happy with my beliefs
    If you could choose one that everyone can relate to or is it a religion forced on you by friends and family? I'm pretty sure everyone can relate to my beliefs it's whether or not they agree with them and that's their choice
    Do you have friends that don't follow your religion? No religion, and absolutely
    Do you have animosity to those who have a different religion? Nope. Unless they try to dictate how I should live based on their beleifs
    Do you accept people as they are? For the most part. Some I find to be complete assholes though and I roll my eyes and ignore them
    Dose your religion involve hate of another? No religion, No hate.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:01 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I don't really have a religion that I follow, but I do consider myself a Unitarian Universalist. I didn't feel like writing down my own definition of what it is, so I just looked up a short one.

"A theologically liberal religion characterized by its support for a "free and responsible search for truth and meaning." Unitarian Universalists do not share a creed; rather, they are unified by their shared search for spiritual growth and by the belief that an individual's theology is a result of that search and not obedience to an authoritative requirement. Unitarian Universalists draw on many different theological sources and have a wide range of beliefs and practices."

There is a UU "church" where I live and I have been wanting to go there so bad but have not had the chance. It looks like a great organization.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 12:10 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Do you have a religion? I'm a Wiccan-Witch
    Do you think every one should follow it? no
    Why? everyone has their own spiritual path and they dont have to follow mine if it doesnt speak to their hearts
    What is your religion about? not enough space to explain everything
    Why do you think that it is best? its the best for me because it feels right to my soul
    Would you ever consider a belief change? from my faith I have now no I did leave christianity to  follow my real faith

flower_angel

Answer by flower_angel at 12:32 PM on Oct. 1, 2010