What does it mean when your urine is "cloudy"

I am kind of embarrassed to ask this but it seems like this has been going on for quite sometime now, 9 times out of 10 my urine is cloudy and I don't know what to think and I don't have insurance or money to go to a DR.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Health

• my urine was cloudy and everyone said that happens wen ur pregnant i ruled that out went to the dr. and i had a uti but no burning symptoms after antibotic my urine is no longer cloudy
    kai302

Answer by kai302 at 10:25 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I say a UTI
    Patience909

Answer by Patience909 at 10:37 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• It can be from not drinking enough, UTI, or other medical problems. Start with drinking more and see if it improves. If not talk to your dr about it.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 10:37 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• it can also looking cloudy from vaginal discharge. Drink a lot more water and see if it changes
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:45 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Yup, I agree with those who say drink more water. Good luck!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 10:59 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I would drink more water. I know when you're dehydrated, your urine is really dark, but I'm not 100% about cloudy.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 12:04 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Most commonly, so I've be taught, it's down to phosphates. You can test phosphates by dropping a bit of a vinegar into a sample of your wee. If it is phosphates, the wee will turn clear immediately. Phosphates can be just down to eating a huge meal or lots of cow's milk and/or not drinking enough water. But it can be down to kidney problems (most likely a mild infection). To treat a kidney infection at home drink 8 glasses of plain water across the whole day; wee often and stay warm. You take care, Mama. x
    joyfulily

Answer by joyfulily at 6:18 AM on Oct. 5, 2010