why does everyone think that all blacks will vote 4 obama and all whites will vote 4 mcain???

i am white and personally, i would prefer obama to win!! go obama!!1 but anyways, everyone always says that baclks will vote 4 obama just becuase hes black and white raceist ppl will vote for mcain!!! what is ur opion on the race side of poltic thingy?

tiffany275

Asked by tiffany275 at 3:31 PM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Not everyone does think this, but some people may vote for Obama because he is black, and some people won't vote for him because he is. Sad, isn't it. Obama might be conected to blacks because of his race, but keep in mind he is also white. And then there are the people who won't vote for him because the still think he is a muslim.
    AJmamma

Answer by AJmamma at 3:57 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Who assumes this? I don't know anyone that does.
    Anonymous

• Yeah, i dont know anyone that LITERALLY thinks that. at all.
    Anonymous

• I know of no one that this this.
    Anonymous

• I agree. If this election year has taught us anything it's that color is not what people are voting for. I know plenty of white people who are voting for Obama and plenty of black people who are voting for McCain. So where are you getting your information from?
    Su-Z-Q

Answer by Su-Z-Q at 3:36 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I think that the blacks will vote for Obama just because he is black!
    Anonymous

• Only the ignorant ones. Just like only the ignorant white people will vote for McCain just because he's white. I'd like to think that there are more people out there who are voting because they've done their homework on both candidates not because of race.
    Su-Z-Q

Answer by Su-Z-Q at 3:43 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I'm part of "everyone" and I don't think this. Are some people voting for such shallow reasons? Sure. Is everyone? No.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:55 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I agree, Everyone is a pretty broad statement don't you think? :)
    amewri

Answer by amewri at 3:58 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• i havent heard this at all. im white and im voting for obama.
    Anonymous