Insomnia!!

What do I do about it? OTC sleeping pills don't work, and doctor prescribed pills make me feel "hungover" and have scary dreams. Any advice?

blueeyedbabyz

Asked by blueeyedbabyz at 10:24 AM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Health

• I am currently on two medications for insomnia.
    Both of which are said to be antihistamines. Perhaps you can ask for or look for them and they really do help.
    Hydoxyzine Pam 25 MG
    Zolpidem 10 MG
    agriffinmom4

Answer by agriffinmom4 at 10:27 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Have you tried taking Melatonin?

My doc told me that as long as I could function the next day even on a couple hours of sleep, that my body was getting enough rest. I would sleep when I need too.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:28 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I was on a very low dosage of amytriptoline for several years. If you Google insomnia you will see some medical websites with helpful habits to get into. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:32 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• i thought i was the only one who had nightmares when I took this certain sleeping pill and when i took it could sleep for a full 12 hours... i hated it
    patsymay84

Answer by patsymay84 at 10:38 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Try allergy medicine like Benedryl. That's what I use when I can't sleep. Plus I don't feel like crap in the morning either.
    Mamagirlz

Answer by Mamagirlz at 12:59 PM on Oct. 1, 2010