WHEN WILL THE BULLYING STOP? ANOTHER SUICIDE !!

Another 13 yr old killed himself over being bullied. I am just wondering myself when the schools are going to really crack down on this in their schools. Thank GOD he didn't just go back with a gun to his School, but unfortunately he shot himself. This little guy was too shy and and low in self esteem, he probably couldn't go back to the school and face the kids even 1 more time, and aren't they the bullies the lucky ones, while his parents are now broken hearten with a life change they never expected.

MyAngel003

Asked by MyAngel003 at 10:27 AM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't feel like there is one simple answer or solution to this, but a dynamic and collaborative change in our country as a whole! There is no more respect among humans kids, or adults. I also feel like families need to work on communication and trying to cope with problems before they get to this point! The bullies must have some psychological issues in order to "prey" on others! Also bullying should not be the only issue but the suicides themselves! We should be teaching our children that suicide is not the way to solve problems no matter how great or relentless. Sometimes suicide victims become martyrs which only makes it more appealing to a person who needs more positive attention! I don't want to sound like we should down suicide victims or their families, but I do feel like this should be portrayed as the wrong choice! My prayers are with the families, and those that must live with lost lives on their hands!!
    als9008

Answer by als9008 at 1:17 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• This is so sad
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 10:28 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I know! I am so scared for my kids when they grow up. I almost wish there was no internet at all. I really don't know what the solution is. It's obvious that parents need to monitor their children's use of the internet, but I know a couple of kids who have "secret" Facebook accounts. I really don't know what the answer is.
    jacksmom1225

Answer by jacksmom1225 at 10:30 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• idk how to answer that, for my bigger question is where did 'we' go wrong? when did kids begin to believe that suicide was their only 'out'? kids didn't kill themselves over stuff when i was growing up. there have always been bullies..i hate jr high because of one in particular who made my daily life hell..but i never thought of suicide!

why are we seeing more of this? i honestly do not believe bullies have become more populated. where, as parents and a society, did we stop teaching kids that this was unacceptable (towards their fellow 'man')??
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:31 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Where is this story at? do you have the link or website that you got it from?
    agriffinmom4

Answer by agriffinmom4 at 10:28 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• is this the story from Houston, TX? If so, I used to work in this school district, it is surreal to have such tragedy hit so close to home. I just sat and cried the first time I heard this news broadcast.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7220896.html
    TXColter

Answer by TXColter at 10:32 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Sure the bullying didn't help but you can't always put all blame on the bullies.

That's convenient for the parents of a bully. Sorry, but the kids raised to be narcissistic little shits ARE capable of torturing other kids mentally and physically until they feel they have no other option. Especially if they go to a school where there is a policy of punishing both kids if it's reported or if it's reported to the parents and the parents don't care, only encouraging the bully and escalating. Like it or not, kids are not supervised every second they are in school, and there are dozens of opportunities every day for a child to be tortured. And every precious little snowflake out there with a mommy who insists they can do no wrong is responsible for their own actions, while their own parents share their own portion of blame.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:30 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• do you have the link or website that you got it from?
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 10:32 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Sad...
    mygirlpaige

Answer by mygirlpaige at 10:35 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• My son is 17 years old and he is not a bully and he does not stand for it as I did not when I was a kid. I taught my sons and when my older son started to bully I pulled him back and did what I had to, to make it stop. Its all about how we as parents present ourselves or it was for myself. My sons took their behavior clues from us.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:49 AM on Oct. 1, 2010