is it possible to get a false positive

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:45 PM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Yes, but it's like a 1 in a million chance! You're pregnant!
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 3:47 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• yep
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 3:47 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Not usually! Your probably preggo!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 3:47 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I got a false positive when I was taking a certain medication. I didn't even know that it could cause a false positive and freaked out.
    BabyBreyen

Answer by BabyBreyen at 3:48 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I've been told you can't have a false positive. If you use the test correctly and read it during the time window (letting it sit and looking at it two hours later you might see lines but its inaccurate.) You can see an "evaporation" line on the test and think its a positive, but to really get a positive you have HcG in your urine. There are very few medications that have human growth hormone. Chemical pregnancies are when the HcG started but you miscarried very early on. With how sensitive tests are now we see a positive a LOT sooner. 60% of all pregnancies end in miscarriage (naturally occurring) so many of us have had a fertilized egg that just didn't stick.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 3:56 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Serafyna

• More than likely you have not gotten a false positive. However there are certain medications that can give you a false positive and there is the slim chance the test was faulty. Take another test.
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 4:36 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Maybe a evaporation line. I always get them and then I think Im pregnant. And then I turn around and find out it was just a evap line dang it! lol
    Marah2008

Answer by Marah2008 at 1:46 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• In this test, lower-than-normal human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) levels may be because of one of these reasons - ectopic pregnancy, a miscarriage, or abortion.

http://www.thebesttimetogetpregnant.com/can-you-get-pregnant-on-your-period/
    jenifer32

Answer by jenifer32 at 9:07 PM on Aug. 11, 2010