Why am I so addicted to FOOD?

I just cant seam to kick the habbit......the habbit of eating all the time, when I get board I want to eat, when I get angry, I want to eat, when I get lonely I find my self standing in front of my best friend....the cupboards. Im not huge by any means but im uncomfertible being 5' 6" and 150 lbs. I am trying to exercise more and drink water but I just cant quit EATING... I just love the taste of food. anyone know any ways of tricking myself into just not wanting to eat?

RJSMOMMA

Asked by RJSMOMMA at 3:46 PM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Food & Drink

• I have a similar problem and from what I've read, it's common. The best thing I've found is to have "healthy" things to snack on when the urge hits. Carrot and celery sticks already chopped up, pretzel sticks, etc. The less crap I have in the house, the less likely I am to pig out on it.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:53 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I know the feeling! I find myself eating when I'm bored and stressed. Not bringing any junked food in the house has helped a lot. And keeping myself busy with playgroups and crafts has helped keeped my mind off food. But it's still really hard not to go to the store and go straight to the junk food lol. I'm for sure not going to be giving my son any junk food. I don't want him to suffer with it like I have.

ambie1983

Answer by ambie1983 at 4:01 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• My problem is the same and I don't know when to stop! Being a sahm is really to blame, because I'm here 24/7 and bored or lonely so I eat. If I'm working I am not likely to eat what I do now. My downfall is latenight eating. Everyone is in bed so I get out the really bad stuff, watch a movie and mindlessly eat nummy fattening foods That I hide just for me. After halloween is the worst because all that candy goes on clearence!! I can't say no to half priced candy bars, sorry just can't, lol!
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 4:34 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

•   It sounds like there is alot of things going on with you.  Sometimes when we eat and don't know why it has to do with something in our lives that is causing stress, or problems and we try to eat ourselves away..    Ask yourself what is going on in your life that might be adding stress to your life and that usually helps the situtation when you are aware of whats going on mentally.

that ususally helps me out.....

Active-Mama

Answer by Active-Mama at 4:47 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I know what you mean its probably because food is GOOD
    tdmag

Answer by tdmag at 4:57 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• It sounds like you may be a compulsive eater...if you're eating when you're not hungry at all, that's when you usually know. You could try going to a counselor if you're feeling emotionally overwhelmed. When you're eating out of boredom, what you have to do is start being more self-aware, and when you find yourself headed down that road, stop yourself and find something to do that will occupy both your hands and your mind.
    Also, it is ok to eat something every few hours...and in fact it can be a good thing. You just need to make sure that you're choosing something like a handful of almonds or an avocado and tomato salad over ice cream and Cheetos.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 1:44 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Chew bubble gum. It keeps your mouth busy. Find something to do with your hands, like crocheting, cross stitch, needle point...
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 8:58 AM on Nov. 12, 2008