Can you get pregnant if ....

Im young and i do not know much about pregnancy so I have a couple of questions....Can you still get pregnant if your period hasnt came back after depo for over 5 months? Also, do you still ovulate without a period? Thank you for any answers...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:48 PM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Yes you can ovulate without getting a period, though it doesn't mean that you will or do. I don't know anything about the depo, but I would call a doctor if I hadn't had my period in 5 months. Good luck to you!
    mileymoo

Answer by mileymoo at 4:10 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Call your doctor but for clarification... you've been off the depo for 5 months and still have not gotten a period at all? I know that it can take up to a year for you to regulate after coming off of any birth control but 5 months is a long time to go with nothing. If you can't make a doctors appt because of parental issues or whatever call your local planned parenthood and desribe the situation to them.
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 4:35 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I was on depo for three months and had no period, then had period for 3 months straight. then no period for almost a year. Almost as soon as that year was up, I got pregnant. Its different with everyone, but no you dont have to have a period to get pregnant.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 8:18 PM on Oct. 23, 2008