What can I do to get our "spark" back?

It seems as if here lately I can not get my man's attention like I use to! Use to I could walk around the house in some of my short shorts that I lounge around in and a tank top and he wouldn't be able to keep his hands off me. He would also be handsy and act as if he wanted sex quite often but now it is as if he doesn't notice me, and when I talk it's like he doesn't listen to me at all anymore. I got all dolled up the other day and he didn't even acknowledge me and say I looked nice or anything! I don't think he is cheating or anything of that nature, it just seems as if his head is elsewhere. I don't know what to do cause we use to have great chemistry now it is fading.

patsymay84

Asked by patsymay84 at 10:54 AM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• Have you tried to talk to him? Maybe he is under stress with his job! I probably would take him out to dinner just the two of you so you can talk! See what's been going on with him! Just my O.P I hope this helps!
    Darla47

Answer by Darla47 at 11:11 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• yea we have talked about it but it seems the conversations get scattered and it gets us nowhere, I could not even be in the kitchen without him coming up behind me and messing with me lol and flirting, but nope nothing like that nemore.
    patsymay84

Comment by patsymay84 (original poster) at 11:13 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• not to be nosy but maybe something else is happening within the relationship. Maybe he is stressed. I know when my hubby is worried about other stuff sex is the furthest thing from his mind usually.
    twohearts0810

Answer by twohearts0810 at 1:11 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• May I ask..........

When he used to do those things. How did you react? How did you respond? How did you treat him when he did those things?
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 1:25 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• i never acted back in a negative way, we had great chemistry lol i would flirt back and would say stuff like ur lucky we have a house full of kids or ur lucky i'm busy lol or something... i would always play back it's not like i pushed him away or anything he just doesn't do half the things he use to do nemore
    patsymay84

Comment by patsymay84 (original poster) at 1:35 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Thanks for answering. Ok.

If I were you..I would first start with communication. Working on the manner in which I tried to communicate what/how I was feeling so that we stayed on topic, and actually discussed what is going on.This usually takes: knowing & understanding each other's communication styles and keeping the convo logical, rational and not overally emotional. Usually convo's like this get off track, when emotions get to strongly invovled.When one or the other starts become emotional and starts speaking/answering from an emotional place and not a place of calm and logic.

In order to rectify the problem. You must first discover the root of the problem. Then (hopefully) the two of you can and will work together to rectify this issue before it starts causing ill feelings that can affect your relationship as a whole. These types of things can cause resentments and hurt feelings that slowly poisen a relationship.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 1:42 PM on Oct. 1, 2010