Are you getting a flu shot?

Flu season is here and they government says the shots will be a triple dose this year. 3 flu strains will be covered. It will include an H1N1, the same B as last year and an A strain that they have seen in other countries.

Will you get the shot this year? How do you feel about having a vaccine for a strain of flu seen in other countries but not ours?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 11:08 AM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• nope, not getting it nor is my family
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 11:09 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• no..i've never had the flu shot. not even when i was pregnant. this year will be no different.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:09 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Yes, I am getting one - my work offers free flu shots.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:09 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I had my flu shot two weeks ago!
    I feel if other disease have and can get here, then I don't mind that I am being vaccinated for a strain NOT YET seen here.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 11:10 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• No I'm not and neither is my daughter.
    mygirlpaige

Answer by mygirlpaige at 11:10 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• No. I am pregnant though so I really struggled with this decision. I just don't see how it could be safe for my growing fetus when it isn't safe for babies under 6 months???? I will just have to protect myself in other ways.
    We never get flu shots though...
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 11:12 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Yep, every year every one of us. 50% of the pople in my house are High RIsk. The one year we didn't take flu shots we were all sick over and over. Not taking that chance.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:13 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Nope. I don't like that they've folded all of those vaccines (especially the H1N1, which came out so quickly last year) into one immunization.
    DEpley

Answer by DEpley at 11:16 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Have not decided. I work in a hospital and with a very compromised population, and in order to decline, you must justify your decision. I generally do decline- Reason? The flu vaccine contains small amounts of mercury, which as been linked to dementia- I've already been exposed to enough toxins-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:18 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Nope, never have and never will. My kids have never had a flu shot either and they don't get sick for longer than 24 hours, once a year.
    I have them immunized and up to date but they also eat right (I'm talkin' my 3 year old LOVES brocoli and my 7 year old will be upset if he doesn't get a second helping of spinach), stay clean and are both into sports (my 3 year old is almost 4 and he's on the wrestling team, it's adorable). My kids might be an exception to the "kids need a flu shot" rule but they are fine and healthy.
    VanessaMomof2

Answer by VanessaMomof2 at 11:19 AM on Oct. 1, 2010