Does it aggitate you when you are in public...

like a store or bus station or mall or any where.... and you are going in out or about and there is someone right there smoking a cig. with no concern about you and where their smoke is going and it goes in your face or your child's and they dont even say sorry? What if any ting do you or would you say to someone who dose or done this? What about all the Butts people leave everywhere?

agriffinmom4

Asked by agriffinmom4 at 11:12 AM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Health

• Hey anon...I never stand directly in the smoking area! I smell if from a mile away! I have even had people light up right in front of me at a ball game with my kids with me!!!!

What should I do...get up and leave b/c of their nasty stinky habit? THEY SHOULD LEAVE!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 2:57 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• If it's just at the entrance it really doesn't because I know that (rules aside) they could be doing it inside. They have a right to smoke just as I have the same right not to smoke. I do my best to keep my kids clear of it but sometimes the smoke just happens to blow in our direction. If it was intentional, that would be another story but if it's an accident or the wind shifts and they have no control over where their smoke ends up, no I do not get irritated. I just move my kids.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 11:20 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• SOOOO annoying! I have used this analogy to try to explain it to smokers.

Would they be offended if I stood right beside them and sprayed an obnoxious foul perfume over and over again in their direction? Or maybe foul smelling bug spray...toxic to their breathing and stinks!

They WOULDNT like it!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 11:26 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Yes, it's horrible when it hits you right in the face as you walk out of Walmart.... I see them all sitting on benches right outside the door and want to tell them to move... One of these days I will snap and do it,lol...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:20 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• No I move on I am a ground pounder and take no notice of what people are doing I have found going from point a to b with no fink around in between. I keep myself in check and that should be my major concern how I behave and only how i behave.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:20 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Yes, it is annoying I have asthma. If it actually was blown in my face, or my Gr-kids faces I would most ilkely say something, not sure what, but I probably wouldn't be very pleasant about it either.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 11:20 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I just move. I work in NYC, so this happens often. I just move away. They aren't allowed to smoke indoors anymore. I would never say anything. They have a right to smoke. I can't imagine starting a fight with someone on the street over this.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:23 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I have never seen someone smoking in a store, bus stop or mall in years. They are only allowed to smoke outside in restricted areas where I live.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:25 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• mom2twobabes - I'm sure they would just move away, like you should. Why do you stand in the smoking area?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I hate it ! but there's just no use explaining our position to the smokers...i've never met one that would listen to it anyway....i've met considerate smokers, but those who aren't are not likely to listen or change ! sadly.
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 12:12 PM on Oct. 1, 2010