To those who would not get a flu shot???Would you get an AIDs vaccine, if it existed?

I mean if they came up with a vaccine to not catch AIDs/HIV, would you as a person who would not get a flu shot get an AIDs/HIV vaccine?

tryin2BGOOD

Asked by tryin2BGOOD at 11:13 AM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Health

• nope. i have no reason to get that vaccine.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:14 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Probably not. I always get the flu when I get the flu shot. I would be to worried to recieve a vaccine like that. There are plenty of ways to avoid getting hiv without a vaccine
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 11:15 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Nope. I also have no reason to get a shot like that. My husband is faithful to me and I to him.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 11:16 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• No.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:16 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• So peole are saying that giving blood or the posssibility of an accident and having to recieve blood would not be some of the examples to get this vaccine?
    tryin2BGOOD

Comment by tryin2BGOOD (original poster) at 11:16 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• No. I personally don't have a reason to, as I am in a committed relationship.

But, how can you compare a flu shot to an AIDS vaccine, lol?
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 11:17 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• NO, I have no intention of having sex w/anyone else at my age, even if my S/O would pass away. Too old to try and train another husband, and he's irreplaceable after 47 yrs.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 11:17 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• No, that's just silly, you don't catch it in the air like you do the flu.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:18 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I just wanted to see what people would say to something more serious. And if they even thought of if they'd get it for their children. Obviously you all have found you soul mates, but have your children? Do you know thye will be abstinent until marriage, and have their partners. AIDs/HIv can take years to show signs, even turn up as positive on a test.
    tryin2BGOOD

Comment by tryin2BGOOD (original poster) at 11:22 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Yes I probably would after it has been tested and has been on the market for a while. I wouldn't initially jump the gun to go out and get it, but if it prooved to be safe then I would. HIV/AIDS is extreme and way more deadly to me than catching the flu. Just like if they had a cancer shot, I'd take it.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 11:31 AM on Oct. 1, 2010