Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

need help someone please tell what I should do or what is going on 33 wks pregnant?

I'm 33 wks pregnant and it's a high risk pregnancy I'm suppose to be induced at 36 wks and some change to take him. Yesterday when I was folding clothes I got up to get some more clothes to fold and took about 2 and half steps and then I couldn't walk anymore I had severe pain in my pelvic area, in between my thighs and just below my lower abdomen where my it starts going into my pelvic area. Every step I took was agonizing. I haven't strained myself or anything haven't had any problem nothing and then boom all of sudden I can't walk without crying I don't know whats wrong. I'm really crampy too I didn't have this with my daughter this is my second pregnancy should I call my doctor? What's going on does anyone know??

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

Answers (7)
  • Definitely call the doctor! I had crampy feelings while I was pregnant with my DD, but they went away after a few minutes. I was about 33 weeks along then. I even had a pain kind of like what you're describing while I was taking a shower one time, but it also went away after a few minutes. I called my doctor immediately after just to be safe, but everything was fine with me. But you should definitely call the doctor, just to be safe. And since it isn't going away or easing up. Good luck.

    Answer by poptart0325 at 11:24 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

  • I would contact your doctor if the pain is as bad as you say it is.

    I am 32 weeks pregnant, and my child is very low, and I am already dilated to 2 cms and my cervix is soft, and have experienced pre term labor, so I personally don't take any chances. I get severe pains sometimes when I go to walk as well.. It is just my child's head in my pelvis area.

    Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 11:25 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

  • It shouldn't even be a question! If you're in that much pain, DEFINITELY call your doctor!

    Answer by arouthier at 11:26 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

  • It sounds like pubic symphesis dysfunction, where the bones in your pelvis come apart too far. It's really painful and annoying, but it's not life-threatening. If it will ease your mind, call your doctor, or if you have a condition that could cause your uterus physical harm, call the doctor. Otherwise just try to relax and take it easy until your baby is born... nothing you can do for that separation.

    Answer by Ati_13 at 11:30 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

  • have you called your care provider? What did they say?

    Answer by Roadfamily6now at 1:51 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

  • if it's a come and go thing like it could be contractions, definitely call the doctor/midwife asap. i started getting ctx that i couldn't walk through at 33 weeks and i had a preemie. :( i also had pubic problems like ati is describing but it wasn't a come-and-go cramping feeling. it mostly hurt when i walked up and down steps, got off the sofa, rolled in bed. if that's the problem, you can try a chiropractor, but i never got that far because my baby came so soon.

    Answer by Stefanie83 at 4:49 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

  • I agree if you are in that much pain you should call your doctor.

    Answer by cynprz at 5:12 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.