How do you find out that your child has an allergy to food dyes?

Like if they have one that causes them to have emotional changes and such but not to break out in rashes or have other physical symptoms.

I have seen people state that their children have emotional changes with food dyes. My girls (especially my youngest) seem to be over emotional anyhow. So it would be hard for me to tell if it is related to foods.

How do I know? Is there a test?

Memigen

Asked by Memigen at 11:26 AM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Kids' Health

• I noticed a bigger reaction just after he drank or ate certain foods. Like the first time he I noticed him acting crazy, he had Country Time Pink Lemonade to drink. So, didn't give him any for awhile. Then, I gave him some just so I could judge his reaction...and boy, he went crazy again. Through trail and error and elimination, I figured Red Dye #40 LAKE was the cause, because he had had other pink lemonade before and that was the only different ingredient.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:36 AM on Oct. 1, 2010