Do you think the prison system is a revolving door because they have it too good? adult content

Man robs bank so he can get heart transplant

Flat screen tv's put in ENTERTAINMENT ROOM of prison

Man are giben viagra for effects from another drug they recieve giving them erection problems

Inmates are required to have coffee and dessert

all of these are true!! Very good source!

MOM.E.BUTTERFLY

Asked by MOM.E.BUTTERFLY at 11:28 AM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes its all good everyday you could be shanked in the yard, or raped (if your a man) you can have only the mail they give you and you do what your told asking to go to the bathroom and to be shackled every time you leave your cell. this is prison they are there for a reason. I do believe there are people who become institutionalized and cannot live outside of prison.

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:36 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Are fucking kidding me?

Have you ever visited a prison or had a friend or family incarcerated?
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 11:29 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• men get raped viciously

men get forced into gangs just to survive

many of the guards are corrupt and will look the other way

they can't eat what they want when they want

they can be thrown into isolation and have no contact with the outside world

I think there are more bad things about jail than good.
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 11:33 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Prison is not a kush place. It's terrifying. We are not rehabilitating anyone, they go there and come out harder, scarier and sometimes with serious mental conditions because of the constant stress. My friend's son has been in prison for 10 years and was just put in solitary confinement for TWO MONTHS because he was caught with a weapon someone had tried to kill him with during a riot. Solitary is horrifying and it causes REALLY serious mental problems. You have to live in constant terror that your celly will kill you. Heard the term "Back against the wall"? That's where it came from, because it's the only way you can sleep in prison.

If they get health care and flat screen TVs, who gives a fuck? Sorry for the language, but seriously, prison is horrifying and in no way a nice place to be.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:35 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I don't know where you are getting your facts from. I agree, have you ever been to a prison or know anyone who's done time? Do you know how many people die in prison due to poor health care? Heart transplant? Beg to differ.Things get donated too. They don't just buy them. People go in and out of prisons because they are institutionalized, not because of all the free fun stuff. They don't know anyother way to cope with life on the outs, and work better behind bars. It's sad but it's true.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:35 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Prisons should be working prisons. Food should be grown/raised by the prisoners. Medical care should have to be paid for by either the prisoner or the prisoner's family. College should NOT be an option, only GED. Clothing and food should be paid for out of work stipends. If prisons were run like military boot camps ~ and infractions handled the same ~ a lot or repeat offenders would decide to get an acceptable day job (vs. a criminal career).

Yes, I know people who have been in prison, and that doesn't change my mind. Prison is supposed to be punishment, not a free ride, and not an end run around justice or restitution. The prisons in this country literally are country clubs compared to those outside the US. We should be catering to the productive and law abiding members of society, not those who prey on everyone, and the tax money wasted on prisons should be going to the victims instead of the perps who harmed them.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 11:46 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Farmlady, I totally get with and agree with what you're saying, but that's not what prison is today. Prison is fear, rage, hate and pent-up aggression that is directed at each other. No one goes in to prison and is rehabilitated. Punished? Yes. It changes some. But the majority of prisoners who are released or who get out on parole reoffend because after prison, they don't know how to function, or they are too mentally unstable to fuction.

No one needs a free pass here. Some people need to be punished, but most need rehabilitation. If we rehabilitate we won't have so many going in and out all the time, and we can actually do some GOOD with our prison system rather than just creating a bigger problem.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:08 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Butterfly, I get that. Yeah, stop spending money on amenities and give them what they NEED. Therapy and medication to control mental disorders and the skills they need to be members of society.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:10 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• yup they have it WAY to good. I hate our prison system (and yes i have had several people i know in there and i think they all desearved worse!) I think it the penalties for breaking the law were more severe then jail time there wouldnt be so much crime.
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 11:33 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• CONT

It's a revolving door because so many people reoffend because they cannot function in society after being scared for their lives every second of every day.
    Ati_13