Do the inconsistencies in TV censorship bother you?

I'm a fan of the new show The Glades. When it's on at night the words just about any word is allowed except F bombs I guess. During the day they even bleep out ass unless it's part of "jack ass". Don't you think a warning at the beginning of the program to parents should be sufficient? Even if it were replayed after each commercial break I think that should do it. What do you think?

sopranomommy

Asked by sopranomommy at 11:34 AM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Entertainment

• I think that there should be no censorship on TV or the radio. It's not necessary. It's a government agency censoring and that is unconstitutional and violates the freedom of speech. Demand will create clean stations to watch/listen to and let the others express themselves.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:39 AM on Oct. 1, 2010

• No I watch cable and drop the f bomb myself like a sailor on shore leave. So watching cable gets rid of that.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:14 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• It is annoying. I like watching Criminal Minds so I watch the older episodes that I may have missed on channels like A&E or ION Television. Haven't noticed it very much on ION but on A&E, they bleep out words that were in the show when it originally aired on CBS!! It's not like it's full of swearing! It's a regular network show.

FX and TNT tend to annoy me too. They use certain words in their original programming but bleep those same words out of movies!!! Utterly stupid.

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 12:23 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I'm against censorship. Doesn't it violate the freedom of speech? In my mind, it does. Every show has a rating and it does tell you whether there is sex, violence or language in the show. That should be enough.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 1:48 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I don't agree with censoring language at all. It's a violation of that person or show's right to freedom of speech. I have never understood why there is anything wrong with leaving it up to the person watching to change the channel if they don't like something. Besides, if you're going to watch adult TV, you should understand that there could be adult language...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:35 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I'm glad I'm not the only one. I take no issue with a warning that tells people there could be offensive language. The word ass being bleeped? Please.
    sopranomommy

Comment by sopranomommy (original poster) at 3:36 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• We won't even watch movies that come on regular tv (like TNT) it's a waste of time when they cut half of it out. We watch them on the internet to see the whole movie
    KimPippin

Answer by KimPippin at 11:43 AM on Oct. 2, 2010