Is it normal for a toddler boy to hump? Or why would they?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:04 PM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• They probably get it from t.v. or the parents lol;]
    Anonymous

• i remember when i was that age i would dance and hump but its because i got those moves from the movie "dirty dancing" lol;]
    Anonymous

• maybe they have seen someone or something else do it or from the parents ;]
    Kristina_Adrian

Answer by Kristina_Adrian at 4:09 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• No, it's normal. One of my older sons did it and he never saw anything out of the ordinary. My cousins son does it too, and neither does he. Also, my SS used to slide back & forth in the tub when he was little and give himself an erection. They do it because they realize it feels good!!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 4:56 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• We had a little dog around the time that my son was learning to walk. Everytime he'd pull himself up on the coffee table, the dog (female, mind you) would walk up and mount him and start humping him. We got rid of the dog (lol, she was cute but that just was too much!), and only recently has he started doing it. He'll move himself around on his belly in the tub, constantly is sticking his hand down his diaper, and sometimes it just lookes like he's trying to hump stuff when he's dancing lol. It's totally normal, you'll just have to watch and make sure it drops off as he gets older.
    cskomk0106

Answer by cskomk0106 at 7:08 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• It's normal. One of my twins does it. He does it in his bed, on the changing table, and in the bath tub. Like a previous responder said, they do it because it feels good. I'd ask your pediatrician what he/she thinks about it (like when does it become not normal).
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 7:47 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• my lil girl did it to it stoped now she will be 2 in nov but it will stop in due time
    Anonymous

• my son has started doing this the last month or so.. he'll do it on the floor, while I'm carrying him around, or feeding him. I don't think he's actually trying to "hump" things though. I see it as he's just learning to use his body.
    sjanel

Answer by sjanel at 11:18 PM on Oct. 23, 2008