afforadable baby shower ideas?

well #1 i cant do it @ home cos were remodeling the whole house for baby... it was kinda tore up and not as nice as wed like our baby to live in.

Rachelxbby

Asked by Rachelxbby at 12:01 PM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I'm in a similar situation, except my mom is paying for the shower, b/c she doesn't know what to do. So I pick all the decor and stuff. As long you have a friend plan for games and one help with favors that will help a lot. Maybe finda buffet place or ask someone if they can lend the house to you for couple of hrs?
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 1:03 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• can you be more specific?
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:03 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• well im 24 weeks 3 days we wanted to throw it next month we have no idea wht were having and its both of our first baby..
    Rachelxbby

Comment by Rachelxbby (original poster) at 12:06 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• you are throwing your own baby shower?
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:07 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• well my friends and boyfriends mom are but they want me to pick everything... and ive never done this so idk
    Rachelxbby

Comment by Rachelxbby (original poster) at 12:14 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• You shouldn't have to pick everything, you might as well do it yourself then. The point is that other people take care of all the arrangements, so you can just relax and have a good time. Sometimes community centers are really cheap to rent, or if it is nice out have it at a park with a shelter. Instead of spending money on invites, if everyone has a facebook page, just have them create an "Event" on there and send invites that way. Just some ideas.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 2:45 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• How about a family members house or a friends house? If you aren't expecting a lot of people depending on your weather you can have it at a park or something. You can also rent like a rec room at the local park if you guys have one.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 5:18 PM on Oct. 1, 2010