Is my doctor an idiot?

So, my doctor keeps telling me i'm 32 weeks.. I'm due Oct. 22 but i signed up on the what to expect website and this other website that sends me pregnancy tips/updates and they both say i'm 37 weeks!!! Who's right? lol

youngmm

Asked by youngmm at 12:04 PM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• well seeing as the doc prolly did an ultrasound to accurately measure how far along you are...i'm gonna go with the doc
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 12:07 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I would go with the doc. Only because this way, you know you won't be forced to have it early. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:08 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• however you can't be 32 weeks and due 10/22...so who knows
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 12:08 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Sounds like the website is right,lol idk maybe he is confusing you w/someone else but then again that is impossible because he reads your chart.Have you brought it to his attention?
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 12:08 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• When did you ovulate? That will tell you when your 40 weeks is.
    Why does your OB say 32 but you have a EDD of Oct 22? Was there an ultrasound done that told him your EDD was different than first suspected?

It could be something really simple, like he accidently mixed up your chart or your date or it was a slip of the tongue.
    Definitely speak to him at your next appointment!!

Your body is right, no matter what. When your baby is ready and you go into labor, THAT is your Due Date. :)
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 12:08 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• The ultrasound was the way i got my due date, because i didnt remember my
    last period
    youngmm

Comment by youngmm (original poster) at 12:10 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I did bring it up at my last appointment..and he was like "yeah 32 weeks" and i said but my due date is oct 22... and he said "yes it is... " and he just responded if you have contractions or your water breaks just go to the hospital..
    youngmm

Comment by youngmm (original poster) at 12:13 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Then I'd say your EDD is more accurate and your OB just made a mistake. You need to speak with him at your next appointment. While It is a good thing your Doc might think you are not as far along as you really are (means less chances of him pushing induction) 5 weeks is a bit much! He might think you are in premature labor when in fact you are not.

Good Luck
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 12:14 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Then he sounds like an Idiot! you are going to need that Luck. :(
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 12:15 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Sounds like maybe he was a bit confused. Just go by your first ultrasound.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 12:33 PM on Oct. 1, 2010