Second time around.

My boyfriend and I are dating for the second time. Our first relationship moved too quickly, and as a result, we broke up. We took a few months to evaluate things, and decided to get back together. My question is, do you think you can overcome past behaviors from the first relationship and make your second relationship work? For example, sometimes I'll say to enjoy the rest of his night (over text), literally meaning that, but when I used to say it before, sometimes I'd mean that I'd want for him to come see me. I know it's not an easy process to get past things that became a habit before, but I'm wondering if things can work if you try hard to not repeat the same mistakes? Do you think your second relationship can survive if you still have things to work past from the first, essentially?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:21 PM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• my soon to be ex and I could not but who knows GL Momma
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:23 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• my DH in and i broke up before we got married for the same reason, things just moved to fast. we got back together after about 2 weeks and we knew that whatever problems we had we could work out. life throws curves you just got to learn to stand up to it
    twohearts0810

Answer by twohearts0810 at 12:46 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• first off seconds sometimes work when both of you talk out EVERYTHING. If the past is still not dealt with I will honestly state that it can and will destroy the relationship. I suggest clearing the road to make a let rocky path before driving on it!
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 12:46 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I think you need to sit down and list all the things you want and need in a relationship. And work from there. There's a book by Kelly Bryson called ' Don't be nice, be real'. I think it might be good for you guys. good luck!
    istealcookies

Answer by istealcookies at 1:46 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• A relationship, whether its the first time around or the second, third time, will only work if the two people involved wants it to work...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 1:52 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• If you are BOTH willing to work on the relationship and talk through the problems you had instead of sweeping them under the rug, I think it will work.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 9:36 AM on Oct. 2, 2010