What do you typically do or buy for your husband for his birthday? About how much is a good amount to spend?

I am so out of ideas and my hubbies birthday is today! Just curious to see if I can find some ideas. We have some expenses coming up to. Like kids glasses, christimas, driving a 6 hour trip to family for Thanksgiving. We just got done dropping a bundle on sons birthday so finances are tight. kind of , hubbie did get a bonus but seems like other needs are sucking that up. Kids need winter clothes too. I hate to skimp on dh b-day though. He deserves a good one. any ideas? could go up to 100.00. Thanks so much for anyone taking time to answer.

christina259

Asked by christina259 at 12:25 PM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I usually buy whatever he asks for. This year he asked for a pair of sneakers and that's what he got. I usually don't spend over $30.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 12:26 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Honestly, I don't think how much you spend matters at all. It is taking the time to pick out something you know they will love!
    For example, my hubby's favorite thing I have ever bought him is a Vintage Harley T-Shirt from the early 80's. It cost $20. But, he loves Harley and he loves "old' things, so it was perfect for him!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 12:28 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Get him something that he has an interest in. Like for instance my Hubby loves craftsman tools, we jokingly call them his toys... I never go wrong getting him something he see's in a magizine that's new...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:30 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• My hubby's birthday is this Monday funny you ask. I got him a Miami Hurricanes t-shirt, a new travel coffee cup and a new pair of Nike Shox that he wanted and we're going out to dinner at a nice resturant Sunday night with friends and family. I was going to throw him a party but we had some unexpected expenses so we settled on a dinner. Oh and I'm baking him a cake. His gift to himself is a weekend trip to Atlanta for a race with his dad this weekend (which is where he is right now). Normally I just pay attention to the stuff he wants but doesn't buy himself (which is rare) and try to remember it.
    mommyslate

Answer by mommyslate at 12:30 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I am in the same situation! Hubs B-day is Oct. 7, I got him a TomTom Navigation thingy..(Found it on The Bay for $65.00!)
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 12:33 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Nothing.  He doesn't celebrate his birthday.  He doesn't get me anything for mine either (or for any special occasion).  I have to force him to participate in the kids' birthdays and Christmas.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 6:38 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I just bought my husband a Kindle for his birthday in September. It's what he wanted. We usually spend around $100-$150 on each other for birthdays, Christmas, Valentine's, and non-milestone anniversaries. Our 10th is coming up on the 21st, and I asked for a diamond pave heart shaped locket! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:43 PM on Oct. 1, 2010