Do you think Stephen Colbert will invite her to be on his show? Maybe even mock her?

An Open Letter
September 24, 2010

Dear Stephen Colbert,

In preparing this open letter to you, I am literally fighting back the tears! It truly breaks my heart that so many people in positions of power and authority continue to make light of illegal immigration!

Are you aware of, and/or concerned with the fact, that American citizens and legal immigrants are murdered everyday by illegal aliens? Have you ever spent one second thinking about that?

In speaking to Congress today, do you think you would have prepared anything different if one of your love ones was murdered by an illegal alien? You think you would make fun of this illegal alien invasion if you lost a loved one to this crime?

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 12:29 PM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I guess the point I feel is being ignored is that if not for the illegal immigrants in this country that have committed these crimes, their victims would still be alive. If our state and federal governments were implementing laws that are already on our books, then these people might still be alive. The victims aren't dead because an illegal shot them, it was because they were allowed to cross our borders and stay in our country without fear of negative consequences. They are breaking a law just by being here and some hail them as heroes. Problem is, we don't know WHO is coming across our borders and for what reasons. Would you be so dismissive if it were your child laying lifeless in the street for 'crossing an imaginary line'? I guess the answer is easy for me, maybe not so much for some others.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:42 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I say invite her and I hope that he asks her... what should we do about all the other americans that are murdering other americans? I can understand being upset about losing someone close to you but generalizing and saying that all illegal immigrants are bad because a few have killed people is just plain ignorance. I think that we should do something about illegal immigration but along the same lines, majority of americans are decendants of immigrants too. I just think it is silly. As for Mr. Colbert... I hope that his show continues and does well... simply because I would rather watch him and be able to laugh at the news then watch regular news and want to cry because of how screwed up the world is. This woman needs a sense of humor... and if she doesn't like the show... she shouldn't watch it but that is just my own opinion :)
    justduckie_mom

Answer by justduckie_mom at 12:41 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• What if your mother was shot in the head by an illegal alien? Do you think you could make that funny? What about your children? Would it be comical if your daughter or your son or your niece or nephew was lying in the street dead, shot in the head, by someone living in this country illegally?

Here’s a challenge for you Mr. Colbert. I challenge you to visit a Memorial Plaque in Los Angeles, California. The Plaque where my 17 year old nephew, Jamiel Andre’ Shaw II, was murdered on March 2, 2008, by a documented illegal alien gang member.

Minutes after Jamiel hung up the phone with his father Jamiel Sr., Jamiel was shot in the stomach and then shot in the head, three doors from our home.

Jamiel’s mother, U.S. Army Sergeant Anita Shaw was serving in Iraq when her son was murdered. Would you like to meet Anita, Mr. Colbert?

grlygrlz2

Comment by grlygrlz2 (original poster) at 12:30 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I challenge you to visit where Cheryl Green was murdered in Los Angeles. Cheryl Green was 14 years old when she was shot and left for dead by an illegal alien. She was riding her bike across an imaginary line that the illegal alien gang members told each other, “the next black person that crosses this line will die”.

Would you like to meet Cheryl’s mother, Charlene Lovett? I’m sure she could use a good laugh!

Maybe walking the streets of Los Angeles are not a challenge you would accept.

grlygrlz2

• o, how about Arizona, Mr. Colbert? I challenge you to visit the place where Robert Krentz was murdered by an illegal alien. Robert Krentz was 58. He was a well-liked cattle rancher, working on his 34,000 acre ranch, when he and his dog were shot dead by an illegal alien.

These are just three of the American Citizens who I’m sure were not laughing when they were shot and murdered. Unfortunately, we have a long list of names of American citizens who were murdered by illegal aliens. Would you like to see their faces and meet their families?

As a matter of fact, there are tens of thousands of Americans across the United States of America who were murdered and left for dead by people who were never supposed to be in the USA! Many of these criminals have never been caught!

grlygrlz2

Comment by grlygrlz2 (original poster) at 12:31 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• If you decide to accept this challenge, why not invite about 40 families who lost love ones due to illegal immigration, to come to your studio? Then, you can tell us all about your experience working on this farm. You can even tell us, “how bad your back was hurting when you were working with illegal aliens”. I wonder how many families would laugh and think that’s funny.

To be honest with you, I’m having a very hard time trying to understand why Representative Zoe Lofgren invited you, to speak on this serious issue! Perhaps she too thinks illegal immigration is a laughing matter! She seriously needs to be replaced!!

grlygrlz2

Comment by grlygrlz2 (original poster) at 12:32 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• all me Mr. Colbert if you accept this challenge, because I know my family would love a good laugh!!

Sincerely,
    Jamiel Shaw’s Angry Aunt!
    Althea Rae Shaw
    Los Angeles, CA

grlygrlz2

Comment by grlygrlz2 (original poster) at 12:33 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• grlygrlz2

Comment by grlygrlz2 (original poster) at 12:35 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Crime is crime- doesn't matter who the perp happens to be. Everyone has the power to change the channel, if they are offended by the content displayed.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:45 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

Interesting~ If crime is crime, why are we as a nation differentiating between a HATE crime and all others? The channel was C SPAN and it was our US government using taxpayer funded salary/money to have him "testify"....  She has every right to be offended by the mockery made by Congress in letting him testify....

grlygrlz2

Comment by grlygrlz2 (original poster) at 12:49 PM on Oct. 1, 2010