Threatened miscarriage.... plz read... :o(

Yesterday I went to the ER for slight cramping and 1 dot of blood, I know it sounds silly but we had a stillborn and I'm high risk.

Anyways, they did bloodwork and my HCG was at 10700, isn't that pretty low for 5-6 weeks?

Also, they did an ultrasound and saw the yolk sac but no baby in the sac.... She said it could be early but I thought at 5-6 weeks we should see something?

Plz help, we want this baby so bad. Does it look like we are going to miscarry?

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 12:42 PM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had to go to the hospital one night for bleeding and it scared me because of previous miscarriages. They did an u/s and seen the gestational sac at 5.5wks. Luckily it was only implantation bleeding. It only lasted for a few hours and it was light. I wouldn't worry not unless your cramps became severe and your bleeding picked up. Good luck

ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 8:49 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• It doesn't sound silly to me. It's a valid concern.

It may be early for them to see much. I will keep you in my thoughts.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:45 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I haven't heard of this before.. try google searching it and see if you can come up with any answers.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:46 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I kinda had that happen to me...they thought I was almost 13 weeks pregnant and when they did the ultrasound they said that they did not see the baby. They told me that it could be that i got pregnant but my body did not know what to do so the baby did not develop. I had to go back in 2 weeks later and they found out then that i was just then only 6 weeks pregnant. Dont stress yourself out to much and go back in to get another ultrasound done. I hope everything works out for you. I am sorry about your last pregnancy and I wish you the best.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 12:47 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Thanks, it was actually my middle pregnancy, i have 2 healthy little ones though. :o)
    AshJoe05

Comment by AshJoe05 (original poster) at 12:48 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• omg that is not low I had this w my son who is now 3 I've had 4 other mc and am pregnant now and have had spotting and bleeding and am 36 wks I think you are fine honestly threatned is just that take it easy it isn't a mc and if it were going to be you'd probably start to see things change quickly more blood cramping your. Numbers are good
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 12:51 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I've never heard of that but I wish the best for you.
    Tab2

Answer by Tab2 at 12:52 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• When I was 6 weeks pregnant with my youngest an u/s only showed a sac and nothing else. When I went back to my Dr. 2 wks later he was able to see a little dot in the sac. It could still be a little early, like it was for me.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 1:03 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• At 5 weeks all we could see were sacs, and I had two healthy babies. I also had bleeding (way more than spotting) off and on throughout the first trimester. I'd had a previous miscarriage too, so I thought for sure I was miscarrying the whole first trimester. I know it's nerve wracking. I wish you the best.

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 1:04 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Opps, I forgot to mention everything was fine. I had her a little early, but not too early.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 1:04 PM on Oct. 1, 2010